aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

3 minutes ago, Lemonade said:

Has anyone bene watching Jessica Jones on Netflix? A few of my mates were absolutely jizzing over it but I'm finding it a bit boring.... Although David Tennant's character is fucking badass.

tumblr_nydy2vMEh91thw23io2_500.gif

I tried it and bailed after like 2 episodes on the first whack, but I gave it a second spin and absolutely fell in love. the pace slowly picks up through the season which I really liked, rather than having episode one be riddled with ultraviolence then the rest of the season trying to keep up.

How far in are you?

xx

The latest season of It's Always Sunny has been incredible. Each episode better than the last. Season 10 was a bit up and down, but 11 has been solid.

Dennis becomes a significantly worse person with each season. We can only be a couple of seasons away from a total character breakdown. Just a complete dismantling, in an eruption of rage and vitriol.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Stroopy121 said:

I tried it and bailed after like 2 episodes on the first whack, but I gave it a second spin and absolutely fell in love. the pace slowly picks up through the season which I really liked, rather than having episode one be riddled with ultraviolence then the rest of the season trying to keep up.

How far in are you?

xx

I'm about 6 in. I haven't been paying it full attention in fairness, some episodes have been a little bit background while I've been doing other things.

1 hour ago, Soda van Jerk said:

The latest season of It's Always Sunny has been incredible. Each episode better than the last. Season 10 was a bit up and down, but 11 has been solid.

Dennis becomes a significantly worse person with each season. We can only be a couple of seasons away from a total character breakdown. Just a complete dismantling, in an eruption of rage and vitriol.

is this the one where "The Gang Beats Boggs" is the first ep, or is there a new season? Is it on Netflix??

xx

1 hour ago, Stroopy121 said:

is this the one where "The Gang Beats Boggs" is the first ep, or is there a new season? Is it on Netflix??

xx

That's season 10. Season 11 I the one most recent season, and it's midway through. It won't be on Netflix until it's finished on FX, though it took several months after completion for Season 10 to appear on Netflix.

being Frank was amazing. On the fb group folk are hating on the new season. I'm really enjoying it. I loved season 10 too.

Dennis can't really get any worse right? He's just becoming careless? He's already fucked underagers. He secretly tapes everyone. He will never be over his addiction to crack. And I'm pretty certain he murdered Brian Lafeve.

On 11/02/2016 at 1:01 PM, Lemonade said:

I'm about 6 in. I haven't been paying it full attention in fairness, some episodes have been a little bit background while I've been doing other things.

Yeah, you do kinda need to watch it as it's mostly a character/dialogue driven story. The superpowers only really get busted out in some fight scenes towards the end of the season. Arrow and Flash are much better background-viewing.

xx

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished Wayward Pines.

I believe someone else posted about it in here before but i can't remember who/can't be arsed going back. Anyway, it's pretty good and definitely worth a watch. It has M Night Shymalan all over it (creepy, twists everywhere, terrible acting). Also notable for the appearance of Shannyn Sossamon (of dream pixie girl fame from such teen movies as 40 days and 40 nights and A knight's Tale). She looks like your mum's friend now though, which made me feel pretty old.

Now watching Love on Netflix. Only 4 episodes in but liking it a lot already. It's a Judd Apatow but it doesn't try too hard like most of his stuff. So far, Seth Rogen and his fucking laugh haven't made an appearance either.

21 minutes ago, ca_gere said:

Just finished Wayward Pines.

I believe someone else posted about it in here before but i can't remember who/can't be arsed going back. Anyway, it's pretty good and definitely worth a watch. It has M Night Shymalan all over it (creepy, twists everywhere, terrible acting). Also notable for the appearance of Shannyn Sossamon (of dream pixie girl fame from such teen movies as 40 days and 40 nights and A knight's Tale). She looks like your mum's friend now though, which made me feel pretty old.

Now watching Love on Netflix. Only 4 episodes in but liking it a lot already. It's a Judd Apatow but it doesn't try too hard like most of his stuff. So far, Seth Rogen and his fucking laugh haven't made an appearance either.

It was me who was posting about Wayward Pines. Agreed with you on Love too. Burned through it in three nights. Brilliant program. 

I'm working through Community at the moment. 

8 hours ago, Stroopy121 said:

Is impractical Jokers a prank show, like Balls of Steel, or something totally different?

xx

It is a bit but with a twist. The humour is that they put the presenters into these horribly awkward positions and make them go up to strangers and say really uncomfortable things, so the joke is on the presenters instead of the member of the public. It's an interesting spin on a tired format. Really outshines your average hidden camera show IMO.

They're all old friends as well, and they choose the challenges for each other so of course they're horrible to each other, but there's a great chemistry between them as well. 

Edited by Lemonade

The chemistry between them is really what makes it work, as well as them being genuine comedians and not just cheeky-chappies with LAD BANTER.

They're far too mean to Murr. His punishments are always way more severe than anyone elses. The one where they pierced him was pretty rough. And the other where they made him jump out of a plane and he was crying. Uncool, man. Justice for Murr!

1 hour ago, Soda van Jerk said:

The chemistry between them is really what makes it work, as well as them being genuine comedians and not just cheeky-chappies with LAD BANTER.

They're far too mean to Murr. His punishments are always way more severe than anyone elses. The one where they pierced him was pretty rough. And the other where they made him jump out of a plane and he was crying. Uncool, man. Justice for Murr!

The Jaden Smith tattoo on Sal was the worst one. Harsh! Have you listened to their podcast? A lot of behind the scenes stuff. 

4 minutes ago, Lemonade said:

I've heard him talking about the SteveDave thing on the Tenderloins podcast and it rang a bell. Is that a Kevin Smith thing?

Yeah it is set in the shop owned by Smith but is is usally just in it for the start and end chat, it's kind of like a geeky pawn stars i suppose, people come in with comics and old toys etc and they chat shit about comic stuff and have bantz.

• 4 weeks later...

Been trying to watch The Americans the last couple of weeks. I say trying - i'm almost finished season 2 and I still feel like i'm not 100% 'in' it. It's so convoluted and they seem to make a big deal out of some plot point one minute and forget about it the next. That said, some of the acting is pretty great - especially when the spies are in their different disguises and there's something about it that keeps me watching.

One major character just decides she doesn't want to work with another character and she's never seen again. Then she's replaced with another character who you're never really told about. Basically my GF and I are constantly bugging each other with 'what just happened?' every five minutes. 

A pretty infuriating watch so hard to recommend - eventhough i'm probably gonna watch all 4 seasons.

3rd Rock from the Sun is on Netflix. I don't know if it has been for a while or if I've just not noticed it. I've started it from the beginning anyway. It has aged really badly, but it's a lot of fun. John Lithgow's OTT acting is wonderful. He's like a camp American caricature of John Cleese. Crap jokes, crap premise, but it's still kind of good. I don't understand it. Oh and there's like 150 episodes of it. How did it last so long?

• Upvote 1