aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

It is really cool although just like anything in manhattan it's fucking mobbed 24/7. Tried to go on it, saw the queue and thought fuck it.

I've finally found someone to watch the wire from the start with. She knows nothing about the show and was lagging during the first episode but I'm gonna make her batter through to the good stuff. This will be my 5th re-watch. Still picking up on little bits and bobs. The 'vacants' get a mention in the first episode for example.

Started watching Man V Food. Anyone wanna start saving with me for a tour of America doing all the challenges Adam Richman does?

Last weekend I went to the ice cream place from the Philly episode. He didn't do a challenge there, it was one of the places he visits before the showdown. It was awesome. I've made it my mission to go to as many of the places in the show as possible. Been to the Curry house from the new york episode and going to the gravy sandwich place in Brooklyn next week. This is how sad I am: I tried to get off work to go see the filming of the Harlem episode. Had too much work on so couldn't go though. All I want is to be able to cheer on a man eating 10 kilos of animal! I also want to start going to the places from Diners, Drive-ins and Dives too but they are all in backwater towns and I don't have a car so it'll be a bit hard.

Still havent gotten into the wire, watched as far as the second episode and never went back. I have this strange desire for it to be just like the sopranos and i just know it won't be which seems to be putting me off.

Every day you don't watch it, you're making your life worse.

Give it another go. At least give it 4 or 5 episodes before deciding you're not interested.

• Upvote 1

I'm already on to season 6 of The Shield. It's great. Fantastic addictive viewing.

I was given the entire Shield boxset as a gift and overall, it is quite enjoyable. There were certain recurring plotlines that I felt were just overdone, but Detective Waggenbach (sp?) was brilliant throughout.

Last weekend I went to the ice cream place from the Philly episode. He didn't do a challenge there, it was one of the places he visits before the showdown. It was awesome. I've made it my mission to go to as many of the places in the show as possible. Been to the Curry house from the new york episode and going to the gravy sandwich place in Brooklyn next week. This is how sad I am: I tried to get off work to go see the filming of the Harlem episode. Had too much work on so couldn't go though. All I want is to be able to cheer on a man eating 10 kilos of animal! I also want to start going to the places from Diners, Drive-ins and Dives too but they are all in backwater towns and I don't have a car so it'll be a bit hard.

It all looks so nice. I'd love to try the challenges but I know I wouldn't even come close to finishing most of them.

Have only been to Katz Diner in NYC. They also need to make new Man V Food, seen them all too many times now. He needs to do a European series or something different.

Triple D is the business. Watch it every night. I do wonder if they ever eat anything they hate though? Everything is always 'money', 'rockstar' and there is ALWAYS a 'kicker' to every dish.

I am currently digging the sitcom 'Workaholics'. Rumour has it it's getting axed at the end of the new second season. All the best shows are getting canned. It's proper bo though.

New Community and Office to download in the morning too. Aiiight!

Best thing I've heard all week. I also have UFC and Breaking Bad to watch. This will be a good weekend.

Watched Community last night. You get a nice wee peak at Annie's bum at the start. Apart from that... It's not the best. Not enough Troy and Abed, not enough pierce, not enough anything... It was an alright episode with some funny moments but not the best. US Office was far superior. Brilliant. And Jenna Fischer is looking smokin' pregnant. 'Cause she really was pregnant this time. Looks ace. Ed Helms is great as the new Regional Manager too. I'd put that in spoilers, but it's not really a spoiler, really. Anyway I've only got Breaking Bad left to watch and I'm excited in my pants.

What the fuck y'all on about? Community was the balls. Chang living in the vent, wandering around in a robe, and throwing a fucking HAM at Jeff and running away? A HAM! Amazing scenes. Community has always been about nerdy references, so it was obvious they were going to use that with the introduction of Michael Williams and John Goodman. It would be wrong if they didn't. There wasn't enough focus on anyone because it was a season opener. Happens all the time.

The bit when Jeff said the table magically stopped books falling on the floor and Troy looked at the books and gasped almost made me do a poo.

You're both wrong is the point I'm trying to make here.

I thought it was excellent. So does the rest of the internet, and when has a majority vote on the internet ever been wrong? Never. Cut it some slack though. The new characters needed to be introduced. Both Goodman's and Williams' characters seem pretty awesome already, and it seems that Dean Pelton is going to be more of a main character than a bit part character, which is awesome.

"I named it Annie's Boobs, after Annie's Boobs"

You're right on one thing though, the new Office episode was immense.