aberdeen-music

Nfl

Nev

That was bizarre and it shows that no matter how much time you spend preparing or how complex your systems and schemes are, a lot of it comes down to common sense and being able to recognise quickly if something is amiss and potentially even call a time out from the field or sideline. A lot of football is just trying to get favourable matchups. 3 receivers vs 2 defenders, your best pass rusher against their weakest O-Lineman, your fastest WR against their clowest Corner in man coverage. Rob Gronkowski vs nobody is about as bad a matchup for the defense as you can get!

Steelers D looked shaky as fuck but their offense will more than compensate this season. Both running game and passing game looked pretty slick the whole game.

Pats looked immense :(

Their defence didn't, maybe got my "hate the pats" glasses on but I thought their d looked pretty average.

I guess I meant more on offense. Unspectacular on the whole but a hugely efficient machine already.

Although, I thought their defence looked totally fine too. A couple of gaps here and there but i'd put that down to Deangelo Williams running well and Antonio Brown being godly as much as anything. That man can catch anything.

It was a pretty enjoyable game. Very few 3 and outs and a number of showreel catches. God it's good to have football back!

Sad to see Peyton struggling last night, he just doesn't have the arm strength any more. Nothing worse than a great player staying too long.

I didn't think he looked that bad arm strength wise, he only threw 2 or 3 deep balls and on 2 of them he overthrew Sanders with pressure in his face.

Need to see the new offense for a couple of weeks before we put him out to pasture but there was an awful lot of short passing and screens from the Broncos.  Didn't like the look of the offense at all (couldn't get much going running either).

Raven's defense played well I thought, will be interesting to see how Denver does at Kansas on Thursday.

I didn't think he looked that bad arm strength wise, he only threw 2 or 3 deep balls and on 2 of them he overthrew Sanders with pressure in his face.

Need to see the new offense for a couple of weeks before we put him out to pasture but there was an awful lot of short passing and screens from the Broncos.  Didn't like the look of the offense at all (couldn't get much going running either).

Raven's defense played well I thought, will be interesting to see how Denver does at Kansas on Thursday.

I took it that there was so much short passing because Kubiak just doesn't trust him to throw further, I had a gig last night so I was half asleep when watching the replay - both D's looked very good to me, we lost Suggs for the season which is a blow but I think we'll get by. 

Anyone know if you can rewatch Redzone on Gamepass? be easier than flicking through games to see the touchdowns and big plays.

Good wins for the Jets and Bills though - might be a cheerier season for most of us this year :)

"Need to see the new offense for a couple of weeks before we put him out to pasture but there was an awful lot of short passing and screens from the Broncos.  "

That's the key thing I saw too, which is often a sign of an OC/HC changing the composition of his play calling to support the talents of someone who is reaching the end of their career. you have to remember too, that the HC and GM are paid to win and if Peyton really can't get it done and there's a viable option behind him then they will make that move.

I'm not getting carried away just yet but it was a very controlled win against the Browns. It's nice having an actual receiving corps for a change. Chris ivory looked a cut above last season too - although I'm not sure how much that was down to Cleveland leaving holes awai.

Jets D looked unchanged in a good way. Glad Rex left us with that.

I think there are enough impact players in key positions to give us a really good edge this season. I can see us getting that game-changing interception or the odd 60 yard bomb on 3rd down when the chips are down, whereas before if things weren't clicking the game was over after the second quarter.

In general, everything looked tighter yesterday. Assignments were being stuck to, passes were hitting their targets, etc even if it was never spectacular. There's always at least one total bonehead play... Wasn't there yesterday.

Defence looked pretty good despite all the retirements.  Vikings aren't a really good test of a defence though.

Nice to see we can still beat other mid tier teams.  We have one of the toughest schedules in the NFL this year so anything about 500 would be alright by me.

Hyde looks like a beast, he was looking good last year when he got a chance. 

A few great catches aside, neither team looked very good. Worst game I've watched so far this season by a long stretch. Giants pass rush was a bright spot I guess. JPP back would take them to another level so that's promising. Eli has mad interception jitters - goes for the easy pass or tosses it away. I suppose that's a good thing for stats but makes for a boring game.

Washington are in big trouble. K-cuz just isn't a good enough QB.