aberdeen-music

Nfl

Nev

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Bosa's had some off-field stuff I think, driving while banned maybe? I think Buckner looks a better bet. I think the Cowboys are gonna go for Bosa. We should have had a mock draft/NFL fantasy league thing going on here? 

The good news is that there's gonna be some decent talent to go round, at least in the 1st round - as long as you've got a QB you like on the books at the moment. 

Good to see Brady getting his ban back as well, fuck the Pats :)

I quite like the niners draft.  I love our pick at 7 but need Armstead from last year to take a step up this year if they are going to be dominant enough to stand up in our division.

Interesting to see what will happen with our OL as well as our RT who took a year out wants to come back but he doesn't get on with the GM? 

I think we'll get 4/5 wins and Chip will take a QB in the first round next year.

Draft chat is an odd subject because I remember the Seahawks getting panned for the draft where they took Wilson and co. I watch a lot of college football and I love seeing these dudes come to the NFL and seeing how they perform, but there are so many factors that determine success in the pros. Looking forward to seeing the Giants new guys getting out there and showing what they can do.

• 2 months later...

Have you watched All or Nothing on Amazon Prime about the season with the Cardinals? It's very similar to Hard Knocks, stylistically, and very good for it. Last Chance U is on my list to watch shortly too. It's taking a panning from coaches over here for questionable coaching and management ethics so keen to get stuck in!

5 hours ago, Spoonie said:

It seems to be more about the communication style, constant shouting, failure to reinforce a growth mindset, problems between the staff, apportioning blame to individuals etc. Keen to check it out for myself tho. Watching GoT S6 at the moment and then will get onto this

That's probably about right, I think there are some mitigating circumstances due to the nature of the school though. Keen to hear your thoughts after you've seen it. 

Hard Knocks, All or Nothing are both great. I will probably love Last Chance U. Will be watching that this week. I think i've watched pretty much everything football-related on netflix/amazon video.

The 30 for 30s are all great - the U, one about the raiders, one about Bo Jackson, etc

Looking forward to watching it - will share my thoughts once I have (we have 7 episodes of GoT S6 to go!)

30 or 30s are awesome - even the non-football ones are awesome. The Jimmy Connors one (this is what they want) and the NC State Wolfpack one about the '83 national championship (survive and advance) are particularly special!

• 1 month later...
On 9/5/2016 at 6:53 AM, Teabags said:

Joined my first fantasy league. Picked last in an 8 team league...

KSQD7qJ.jpg

You're missing a real stud imo.

Luck could have an outstanding year but even then unlikely to pick up Brady/Rodgers/Newton numbers. Your RBs might not get enough touches imo - I think Jones is in for a great year but that's not what always counts in fantasy, compared to your Elliots, Gurleys, Petersons who will play every snap you might struggle. Hopkins has big numbers in him but he's not consistently 100yd/game material and never will be playing for Houston. TEs are where it's at this year and you have a good one - Kelce sees a lot of the ball. Gronk, Eifert, Olson would have been better though.

Montcrief and Cobb will get you points 

who did you grab first?

6/10

8 hours ago, ca_gere said:

You're missing a real stud imo.

Luck could have an outstanding year but even then unlikely to pick up Brady/Rodgers/Newton numbers. Your RBs might not get enough touches imo - I think Jones is in for a great year but that's not what always counts in fantasy, compared to your Elliots, Gurleys, Petersons who will play every snap you might struggle. Hopkins has big numbers in him but he's not consistently 100yd/game material and never will be playing for Houston. TEs are where it's at this year and you have a good one - Kelce sees a lot of the ball. Gronk, Eifert, Olson would have been better though.

Montcrief and Cobb will get you points 

who did you grab first?

6/10

That's the order I picked in. Its a snake draft so I drafted last (8th) in the 1st /odd rounds then 1st (9th overall) in the second/even rounds.

I considered taking Gronk 9th overall as he's clearly way above all other TEs, but wanted to get a top  RB. Being very new I probably didn't pick the best RB available, so woops, but I had Freeman ranked quite high. I passed on Ezekiel Elliot, Jamaal Charles, LeVeon Bell and Mark Ingram. Did I fuck up?