aberdeen-music

Nfl

Nev

Terrible article imo

The use of the phrase 'takes a dip to the basic' for starters.

Then two completely false statements: 1) that nfl coverage here isn't in-depth and is overly emotional. And 2) American coverage of soccer is asinine. 2 might have been true 4-5 years ago but it's definitely not now. Whilst there is an American slant to the coverage at times, the slew of ex-footballers and quality pundits are very well informed. Lee Dixon is still one of the best and he does most games.

As for 2, well at game time, when everyone is pumped up for the game there's a lot of talk about 'heart' and 'character' but that's 2 mins before kick off when it's all about excitement and expectation. It doesn't include an entire week of build-up to literally every game - scrutinized at every angle on the field and off. The American NFL fan has sports center on all the time - hardly anyone watches the pre-game. Also, if he's trying to argue that jay gruden or Phil Simms don't do a good enough job covering the techinical part of the game... Well he's just a fucking nob.

Just posted it cos I thought it was an interesting perspective, i'm guessing that he's basing the build up coverage on NFL Network Gameday, which is mostly Irvin and Mariucci shouting nonsense at people.

Couple of things though:

Last time I saw Lee Dixon punditing was at the World Cup and he was fucking ding, worse than Ian Wright, Rio Ferdinand and Andy Townsend combined.

Slating anyone for "takes a dip to the basic" when its less than a week since you said "I enjoy craft cocktails" takes balls ;)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

49ers were just about as bad as it gets last night. Not only did they play awfully, they just threw in the towel by the 4th quarter. Punting on 4th and 5 at the 50 down two scores with 5 mins left. What's the point? Just in case Seattle score again?... You've already lost, what does it matter the score? At least use it for practicing plays designed for that situation.

Being on our defence must be depressing this season.  No matter how well you play the offense will do nothing.

It seems like they've broken Kap as well.  Remember when he actually used his legs and ran for 100 yards regularly.  It's like they've told him he's only a pocket passer now.  Use his talents!!  Stop trying to make him into something he's not.

The same world where the Mets are in the world series. It's quite a time to be a New York Jetropolitans fan.

This place is weird - hardly anyone gave a fuck about the Giant's Superbowl win a few years ago. I went to a midtown sports bar to watch it and expected riotous celebrations afterwards but it was all very muted and nonchalant. Same thing when the Yankees do well. It's absolutely buzzing with the Mets right now though. Everywhere you look there's Mets paraphernalia and apparel.

Happy Giants fan too! Watched the first half and we ran the ball as well as I've seen in a couple of seasons so long may that continue. Nice to get the win against the Cowboys too. Playoffs are a very real possibility and while I think that we'd not progress far if we made it, it'd be good to get back into the mix in the post season.

• 3 weeks later...

Forsett broke his arm :(

We're having a terrible year - everyone is injured and although we don't look too bad (just blocked a FG) we just can't win. Just lucky that there's a ton of teams in trouble this year so there's not too much focus on us and talk of sackings etc.

Edited by colb