aberdeen-music

Black Metal!?

N.M

Soulseek users

cheers for the recs folks.

Out of interest, would there be anyone who uses soulseek willing to allow downloads of albums to try before buying?

If yes, send a messege to me on it, my username is N.M

I'm on most the time so chances are i'll be able to reply.

Cheers :up:

Thank fuck black metal doesn't have a 'groove-vibe' as you describe. Whatever that is' date=' it sounds awful.

There are black metal bands such as Khold and Goatwhore who ration thier blast beat sections, and downtune. Perhaps the death metal fan could enjoy them.[/quote']

A groove? Dude, thats not too hard to understand!

Ever heard At The Gates or Entombed or Carcass. Even Opeth in places? Think along the lines of Pantera (yes, I know they're not death metal at all) they are the groove masters.

Their music has big fucking grooves and riffs in it - to which nodding and banging your head feels natural. As opposed to blast beats that go a zillion miles an hour....

And yes, down-tuning helps - as does rationing the blast beats!

ok, well Darkthorne, Khold, and Goatwhore all have doom and stoner riffs and perhaps they would provide the ''groove vibe'' you enjoy. Still, all this shit about ''groove vibes'' and ''groove masters'' sounds a bit too Trevor Nelson to fittingly describe True Black Metal. And it may also be mentioned that that big prick from the ''groove masters'' Pantera is in Eibon, a black metal band featuring members of necrophagia, darkthrone and Satryricon. Like newer Darkthrone material, the few Eibon stuff thats been released, has more sections without blast beats than with.

ok' date=' well Darkthorne, Khold, and Goatwhore all have doom and stoner riffs and perhaps they would provide the ''groove vibe'' you enjoy. Still, all this shit about ''groove vibes'' and ''groove masters'' sounds a bit too Trevor Nelson to fittingly describe True Black Metal. And it may also be mentioned that that big prick from the ''groove masters'' Pantera is in Eibon, a black metal band featuring members of necrophagia, darkthrone and Satryricon. Like newer Darkthrone material, the few Eibon stuff thats been released, has more sections without blast beats than with.[/quote']

Which prick from Pantera? All of them are fucking knobs except Vinnie Paul! (Yes I know it's Phil)

I'm not totally against black metal or anything - in fact back in the day I used to like a bit of Old Man's Child and Emperor (and my copy of "Ill Natured Spiritual Invasion" spells Gene's name wrong in the booklet - calling him Gene "Hogan". Oops. I'd imagine all the CD's are like that though...).

I just would like to see a black metal band dressing normally for once, rather than like a group of Ronald McDonald's evil twin brother.

And all black metal fans should check out "unhallowed" by The black Dahlia Murder.

Which prick from Pantera? All of them are fucking knobs except Vinnie Paul! (Yes I know it's Phil)

I'm not totally against black metal or anything - in fact back in the day I used to like a bit of Old Man's Child and Emperor (and my copy of "Ill Natured Spiritual Invasion" spells Gene's name wrong in the booklet - calling him Gene "Hogan". Oops. I'd imagine all the CD's are like that though...).

I just would like to see a black metal band dressing normally for once' date=' rather than like a group of Ronald McDonald's evil twin brother.

And all black metal fans should check out "unhallowed" by The black Dahlia Murder.[/quote']

Ok, thats fine, its your opinion and all that. But I just think people don't recognise that Black Metal has moved on. Mayhem, Emperor, Immortal etc... all represent traditional forms of black metal, and while I do fucking love it in small doses, album after album of blast beats and satanism does get boring. These bands I've mentioned take up other forms of music and inject it into the genre, thus keeping it innovative, fresh and interesting. Whats more they do this without sacrificing artistic merit becuase they do not try to make the genre more accessible to the record buting public. I'm sure lots of other bands do too, its just I haven't heard them yet

As for corpse paint, several bands don't really use it anymore. I fucking love corpse paint, its a tradition at the very root of the genre. I know it looks ridiculous, but I love it.

VomituS will NEVER perform live without corpse-paint!!!! We even practice in it occasionally.

I just would like to see a black metal band dressing normally for once' date=' rather than like a group of Ronald McDonald's evil twin brother.

And all black metal fans should check out "unhallowed" by The black Dahlia Murder.[/quote']

there is nothing wrong with Dimebag!

If you don't like black metal then don't spread your oppinion about it it dosn't want to be heard.

Black Metal is never going to to please everyone, and alot of bm bands are very different such as Darkthrone , i have never heard a bm band to sound and play such grim but fufilling black metal with such ease and aggression.

. I fucking love corpse paint' date=' its a tradition at the very root of the genre. I know it looks ridiculous, but I love it.

VomituS will NEVER perform live without corpse-paint!!!! We even practice in it occasionally.[/quote']

Thoth, thats a very interesting quote, due to the fact that your fellow bandmate Thurisaz informed me only a couple of weeks ago that corpse paint has nothing to do with the genre of music, it's for cheesy stage show pish a'la cradle of filth and dimmu borgir?

MMM two bandmates with conflicting interests, it's good that you all have your own ideas though :laughing:

Which of you two are correct? I guess we'll never know!!

But it is true that all Black metal etc, is associated with corpse face paint, even if they wear it or not, just makes it more evil i suppose? depends if your a messed up teenager or not?? :band::gringo::up::partyboy::ding::bat::bat:

Thoth' date=' thats a very interesting quote, due to the fact that your fellow bandmate Thurisaz informed me only a couple of weeks ago that corpse paint has nothing to do with the genre of music, it's for cheesy stage show pish a'la cradle of filth and dimmu borgir?

MMM two bandmates with conflicting interests, it's good that you all have your own ideas though :laughing:

But it is true that all Black metal etc, is associated with corpse face paint, even if they wear it or not, just makes it more evil i suppose? depends if your a messed up teenager or not?? :band::gringo::up::partyboy::ding::bat::bat:[/quote']

when the fuck did I say that??

I said it wasn't essential probably. But I never said that it was only for COF and DB. Considering Corpse Paint was first started (well, after Gene Simmons) by Euronymous, is sort of an idol of mine.

And why would I say that if I do wear corpse paint?? cos well, Vomitus do indeed wear corpse paint. and occasionally practice in it.

I seriously can never remember me saying that corpse paint was pish, Cos well, I love it. Putting word in my mouth again Chris. And taking somethign I said and turning into something completely different.

And Thoth isn't a teenager. Unless of course, you are one too.

Thoth' date=' thats a very interesting quote, due to the fact that your fellow bandmate Thurisaz informed me only a couple of weeks ago that corpse paint has nothing to do with the genre of music, it's for cheesy stage show pish a'la cradle of filth and dimmu borgir?

But it is true that all Black metal etc, is associated with corpse face paint, even if they wear it or not, just makes it more evil i suppose? depends if your a messed up teenager or not?? :band::gringo::up::partyboy::ding::bat::bat:[/quote']

Thurisaz fucking loves corpse paint. I left it at his house and he started wearing it on various random occasions.

Black metal could exist without corpse paint. But like satanism, its one of the most visible and recognisable traits of the genre.

"any old party"

aye' date=' they don't make parties like they used too...

he he

What was your reaction to robbie williams "corpse paint" ?....[/quote']

a mixture of wanting to lynch every christian pig on the planet, and an immense urge to have a wannk.

I think the boner was brought on by the idea of lynching christians though, not the image of Bobbie Billy in lycra and face-paint (hes a twat, so doens't classify to have his make up

deemed "corpse-paint")

no' date=' you are right, it wasn't corpse paint, he probably got it from any old party shop / joke shop.....

arrghghg ! oh no ! what have I said ?!...[/quote']

I think he's trying to look like the joker from Batman, so its not corpse paint. Its simply face paint.

Anyway, don't speak to soon, Robbie Williams is so fucking diseased that he has the power to ruin all genres, including whatever you listen to.

For example, I like the band Black Flag, but if Robbie Williams were to wear one of their T-shirts on prime time TV live at knebworth, I think it would seriously affect my enjoyment of their music for some time.