aberdeen-music

Creed Call It A Day

psydoll

CREED have split after eight years and after selling almost 30 million albums.

The band, who have released three huge selling albums, have decided to call it a day to start working on other projects.

A statement from the band reads: "Songwriter/ guitarist Mark Tremonti has decided to join forces with drummer Scott Phillips, original Creed bassist Brian Marshall and former Mayfield Four singer/ songwriter Myles Kennedy. The new band, named Alter Bridge, will release their debut album on August 10 of this year.

"Creed songwriter / singer Scott Stapp has been busy in the studio writing and recording over the past several months. His first post-Creed recording will be featured on an album coming on August 31 via Wind-up Records that will pool together superstar talent, as they individually offer compositions inspired by the film 'The Passion Of The Christ'."

Tremonti commented, "It's kind of sad to end a chapter of your life, but it's also exciting to be starting a new one. We'll always be proud of the music we made with Creed, but Alter Bridge gives me the opportunity to start over with a different perspective and a more evolved direction. This band begins and ends with the love of the music."

Stapp added: "Creed was one of the most amazing journeys through music and friendship I am blessed to say I was a part of. I made memories I can never replace! I just want to thank the fans who supported us and became a part of the Creed experience. We could not have accomplished anything without you! (fans)."

There are currently plans for a Greatest Hits compilation this year.

Anyone shedding a tear at this? ;)

Guest Craig
CREED have split after eight years and after selling almost 30 million His first post-Creed recording will be featured on an album coming on August 31 via Wind-up Records that will pool together superstar talent' date=' as they individually offer compositions inspired by the film 'The Passion Of The Christ'."[/quote']

I'll be waiting with baited breath... emot-emo.gif

• 2 weeks later...

mehe. how i snigger at this news.

creed were up there with bands like nickleback in terms of how much they pissed me off and still continue to do so, at least now there won't be any more new ways for them to irritate people.

and is it just me or did the singer really REALLY want to be the guy from pearljam?

he is a total scrotebag.