aberdeen-music

Chaos Promotions Presents: Happy Spastics + Dogs Abuse + Wifebeater @ The Scooner

gregchaos

l_6c9a7e523d30fd433a88c535e356d03e.jpg

<b>HAPPY SPASTICS</b>

Loud Anti-Establishment Drunk Punks from Edinburgh. Recently played Chernobyl All Dayer and Crammond Island of Punk. Recently Reformed and Amazing Live. First Time in Aberdeen.

<b>DOGS ABUSE</b>

Dogs Abuse are noisy Glaswegian Political Nutters with a point to prove. Another Brilliant Live Act.

<b>WIFEBEATER</b>

Local Lads Wifebeater are so good they're even listened to by feminists. Come hear such hits as "She Walked into a Door" and "She Fucking Asked for it".

<b>GUESTLIST SPOTS!!</b>

You can get yourself a guestlist spot now for only 1. Come into the Chaos Creations Shop in the Aberdeen Market and we'll get your name on the sheet. Only 30 Available!!!

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 20TH

LIVE AT THE SCOONER BAR (BOTTOM OF MARKET STREET)

DOORS 7.30PM

Come Along Ye!:up:

Guest Jake Wifebeater
we have a song called she fucking asked for it?? i dont remember that one haha

We don't, I'd have easily given Greg a set (about her) list if he'd fucking asked for it...

X-(

No you didnt. You just dont know how to spell it. Cos you're Polish.

And its new owners, with a different license, so the rave music is no longer.

Get with the times.

Come on, the times left me long ago :laughing:

Rave music is no more? That's the worst bit of news I've had all year...used to brighten my day up no end to walk past and hear random rave music at odd hours of the day.

What are they doing with the place, do you know?

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Its now simply a pub. Looks alright inside, but it only has a regular license.

And, I'd imagine, they don't mind putting on the odd gig it would seem.

Sounds just dandy. Playing a gig at the Schooner, never thought I'd be saying those words...

:up:

yeah my bad about the name. i believe it does have an 'h' in it. och well. Basically the lass looked pretty worried about having the gig when she was writing the band names down. canna blame her.

I'm sure Jake introduced a song as she fuckin asked for it. then again i was fucked that night. no damage done.

It WAS supposed to be at the east neuk, but a combination of double booking and me fucking up paying them got the best of the situation.

Venue doesn't have a late night license so we're all out on our arses by 11pm. sorry folks. but hell, moorings is just a few feet away.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Think you're only best to go to the Schooner if yer an indie promoter. We're not allowed back.

Oh, for fuck's sake. What feeble, lame, half-arsed excuse did they give you?

Extremely not :up:

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I was hopeing to make it through to this. :moody:

How did it go Jake?

Hopefully a good warm up for your TRIUMPHANT return to Elgin on the 1st of November :up:

Well, you didn't. Not :up:

Went OK I thought, nailed the set just dandy. DOOOOR!

1st November? Count us in...

:up:

Well the lass that owned the bar was Bon's auntie. We had a hectic start running around and actually started an hour late. She didn't quite grasp that this happens every so often.

Her exact words were. "Never Again. Don't even come down and ask". And that was BEFORE the gig started. Then Wifebeater came on and scared the fuck out of her. Spastics drummer was chewing his cheeks all night as he was out of his box on what im guessing was acid or Es and a few lassies were found in the men's room doing speed and possibly administering some fellatio. didn't get the full story on the last bit.

all in all fun times.