aberdeen-music

Eva Cassidy - At It?

Bigsby

I see they've released yet another album of "undiscovered" tracks by Eva Cassidy who supposedly died in 1996.

Anybody else subscribe to my theory that this is all just a cynical marketing ploy and Ms Cassidy is in fact alive and well, holed up in a recording studio banging out tunes?

The campaign for exhumation starts here.

I see they've released yet another album of "undiscovered" tracks by Eva Cassidy who supposedly died in 1996.

Anybody else subscribe to my theory that this is all just a cynical marketing ploy and Ms Cassidy is in fact alive and well, holed up in a recording studio banging out tunes?

The campaign for exhumation starts here.

I'm sure in 2080 we will still be finding hard drives with undiscovered Bigsby and Crake songs? :up:

Seriously though, I stumbled on to this woman last night on Last.fm, who is she?

I really really liked what I heard!

Her posthumous output pales in comparison to Tupac Shakur, who seems to have a new album out every month! 6 albums since he died! And 6 movies!!!!

Posthumous albums

1997: R U Still Down? (Remember Me)

1999: Still I Rise

2001: Until the End of Time

2002: Better Dayz

2004: Loyal to the Game

2006: Pac's Life

Posthumous Singles:

1996: "Hit 'Em Up"

1996: "How Do You Want It"

1997: "To Live & Die in L.A."

1997: "Made Niggaz"

1997: "Do for Love"

1998: "Changes"

2002: "Thugz Mansion"

2003: "Runnin' (Dying to Live)"

2005: "Ghetto Gospel"

2006: "Pac's Life"

Movie roles:

1996 Bullet - Tank - Released one month after Shakur's death

1997 Gridlock'd - Ezekiel 'Spoon' Whitmore - Released several months after Shakur's death

1997 Gang Related - Detective Rodrguez - Shakur's last performance in a film

2003 Tupac: Resurrection - Himself - Official documentary

2008 Live 2 Tell - Himself - Expected in 2008

2009 Untitled Tupac Shakur Biopic - Himself - (Announced)[74]

Tupac and Eva are both just 'dead' fronts behind which lurks a well-known session musician.....

T**r**** G***h*****

The clues are right there in their names.....If you say 'Cassidy' to folks of a certain age (Chilli, Graeme or J Stax for example) they'll say 'Hopalong', as they well remember the cowboy of that name from the 1930s films. And something which hops along shakes...so it's a 'shaker', as in Tupac.

Plus, my old dad likes Eva Cassidy and Tupac, so they MUST be one and the same!

I was slightly baffled by that. I like how the album title is reminiscent of that 'Somewhere over the rainbow' song she covered. My boyfriend was sure it was just a re-release until I pointed out that the sticker says 'all new songs'. She was either extremely prolific while she was alive or there's something sinister afoot.

ooocha. i'd be careful that either is, or is very close to, a bannable offence.

Are you a mod now?

You should realise that concessions have to be made for Alan, as he is from a different era when it was acceptable to be racist eg Love Thy Neighbour/Black and White Minstrel Show/Jim Davidson's hilarious Chalky White character.

not a mod, no...obviously.

but i was just offering a friendly warning.

also that's fair enough. good on you alan, you daft racist!

amazing. It's all about context!....I guess you have to know someone before taking their comment out of context. Incredible the power of the N word with white liberals....BPWA - "straight outa compton" - (black people with attitude)....

I wasn't being racist.....Tupac had a song called 'Young niggaz', and I crossbred it with 'Forever Young', as I thought it was a crap enough song for Eva to cover. despite being dead. I DID think someone might not recognise the song and have a go at me, though.....

Another good dead collaboration would be Tupac and Bling Crosby.:popcorn: