aberdeen-music

Andy Murray v. sulky Del Potro

RossP

I was out ylast night and got home when he was 3-1 down in the fourth, it seemed inevitable then that Nadal was going to go on and win, but Murray performed brilliantly just as he had done in the first two sets the night before. He really stepped up a level in this match. He's never played to such a consistently high level over a whole match and he was pushed all the way by Nadal who was also playing some great tennis.

I can't wait for the final, Murray has a great chance although I wonder if Federer getting a day's rest will make a difference. As much as I want Murray to win I wont be too disappointed if Federer wins, I'd be happy for him to come back so well from losing the no 1 spot, wimbledon and the olympics. I really hope he wins a few more Grand Slam events to beat Sampras; record which he really deserves. Even if Murray loses tonight I now have now doubt he will win Grand Slams in his career, I think after this tournament people will talk of a top 4 instead of the top 3 in Men's Tennis.

Fed wins in 3.

Sad for Murray, but it's been a great tournament for him and he's stepped up a level. He's got many good years ahead of him and he will win Grand Slams.

I'm happy for Federer that he has come back after a difficult summer to win another Grand Slam. Hopefully he should go on and take Sampras' record of 14 wins now.