aberdeen-music

Snafu Closed For Refurb

ClaireFu

• 2 weeks later...

lol, itll need alot more than a lick of paint, more like a total re-design, re-think to the dated music they keep playing, and maybe less wanna be IT clubbers... lol

voted 68 best club in the world... hahaha what a laugh.

ive had a better times in other clubs cloakrooms... 68th in the world.... lol

lol, itll need alot more than a lick of paint, more like a total re-design, re-think to the dated music they keep playing, and maybe less wanna be IT clubbers... lol

Oh honestly, I know you only just got here but get tae fuck.

Maybe you were thinking of Budz Bar.

Now get back to Mono.

.... lol you guys are so freindly, a deluded... try getting outta this city more, broaden your club going horizons.....

I've been to lots of places outside this city thanks and Snafu is still one of the places i'd like to go most.

Nice place, friendly staff, great cocktails/selection of beers and puts on good gigs as well.

well man, ive never been to any clubs in montrose or stonehaven, or how ever far you got out. the staff are im sure great, especially tom who is a very nice guy... im talking about music man and vibe.. atmosphere.. know what i mean?

Snafu is a s good as any of the large clubs i've been in cities like Sydney, Adelaide, Perth, Paris, Brussels, Glasgow, Manchester etc for music and "vibe".

It's a nice wee place that has a good atmosphere whether packed or not. It is also a very versatile venue that is open to most types of music both live and in DJ Sets.

You could always move somewhere else if Aberdeen's clubs aren't to your tastes.

well man, ive never been to any clubs in montrose or stonehaven, or how ever far you got out. the staff are im sure great, especially tom who is a very nice guy... im talking about music man and vibe.. atmosphere.. know what i mean?

The point is that Snafu is not for everyone - it wasn't designed with the masses in mind. If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to venture anywhere near the club, or for that matter, read any literature regarding Snafu.

Ofcourse you are entitled to your own opinions, and well done you've got some! But there's such a thing as diplomacy and constructive criticism, which we are always open to - there's no need to be a dick about it...

A la Fu and Boom Monk Ben. 7/6.

"A prominent figure in the Glasgow scene he plays out at the Subbie's weekly Hyp? (upcoming alongside A LA FU, Sinden and A-Track) with some choice tunes from the nu-skool of crunk, electro and bootside. Boom Monk Ben is renowned for selecting the best of underground hip hop, drum & bass, house, electronica, as well as displaying a passion for the older groove through boxes of the heaviest New Orleans funk to the rawest Kingston dance-hall, taking in the best jazz, soul, disco and his favourite dance floor nuggets from through the years. The mighty Ninja Tuna have been impressed enough to approach Ben to provide a series of "Boom Monk Zen" mixes for their world famous Solid Steel radio show, which is broadcasting 30 countries world wide. Met with universal support, Ben beat off competition from Mr Scruff, Kid Koala, Cut Chemist, MANDY, James Holden and many, many more to finish runner up in the Best Of 2006' Solid Steel guest mix competition."

.... lol you guys are so freindly, a deluded... try getting outta this city more, broaden your club going horizons.....

I wasn't the one who came in here carelessly trampling over everything with a shitty negative attitude so you can put the sarcasm to bed already.

Get out of Aberdeen more? Broaden your club going horizons?

You don't know how often I, or anyone else on here travels out with Aberdeen or what clubs we go to, so don't presume to speak for us. In presumption lies the mother of all fuck ups.

Now if you want to be useful go and recommend some other clubs and scenes you consider worth checking out but have the decency to do it in another thread and not pollute this one further.

wow, you gotta love freedom of speech hey guys? i come in here and say what i think, and get a load folk jumping on me insulting me for my opinion of a club that you guys think you own or are apart of somehow... dont slag our little club... you bad person, lol... i love forums, people get so upset about nonsence. and back to the point... the music is dated. disco house, electro, indie? for godsake indy and cross genre rock electronica.... 90s, early 2000s ill give ya. try some breakcore, glitchcore, braindance, bangface, ventian snares.. just one night a month even.. try something different.... break the mould.. peace guys.

• Upvote 1

wow, you gotta love freedom of speech hey guys? i come in here and say what i think, and get a load folk jumping on me insulting me for my opinion of a club that you guys think you own or are apart of somehow... dont slag our little club... you bad person, lol... i love forums, people get so upset about nonsence. and back to the point... the music is dated. disco house, electro, indie? for godsake indy and cross genre rock electronica.... 90s, early 2000s ill give ya. try some breakcore, glitchcore, braindance, bangface, ventian snares.. just one night a month even.. try something different.... break the mould.. peace guys.
boo bloody hoo.

try some breakcore, glitchcore, braindance, bangface, ventian snares.. just one night a month even.. try something different.... break the mould.. peace guys.

Stop slopping your digital finger tongue about, and start a night up that caters for this stuff. Plenty of people are into these sounds. Then people may come and dance like they're sellin' nails...

• Upvote 1