aberdeen-music

What was your childhood fear?

Lemonade

The laughing clown in the box at Cadona's in the early 80's, I hated that thing and it went on for ages if I mind.

;(

Clowns are the scariest thing on the planet......Isn't everyone scared of them?

Mimes are worst of all.

What was that scary mime woman called.

You know the one that hung around outside of M&S.

She freaked me out.

Pob.

i dont know why really...must be the horrible face he had.

I wasn't really scared of Pob I just didn't understand why anyone could think that was a good idea for a kids tv program?

The only thing i ever remember him doing was spitting on the screen and then drawing in it.

I don't however remember what he drew.

I was proper scared of matches and electricity pylons due to those TV adverts showing kids getting fried or burning houses down. Vividly remember being too scared to walk under telephone lines because I was scared I'd get electrocuted.

Also this is a Glasgow reference, but the Jolly Giant. It was a big toy shop at Anniesland Cross that had a huge wooden giant whose head would swivel around. That terrified me.

water (deep)

dogs (big eens)

and my something bad happening to my sister, the last one more than the others, i nearly cried in my english clas socne when we had to write about our thoughts and emotion of something ab dhappening to a family member, i'll never forgive that fucking teche rof rnot letting me go out coz i refused to write

now whilst you think im a woos ill explain that me and my sis are very close

I was actually thinking maybe you should have paid a bit more attention in that English class!

Swimming pools

Large Ball Pits

Getting lost in supermarkets

Vampires

Other children

Edit - I forgot Sloth from The Goonies, who's idea was it to have something that terrifying in a kids film? Nobody thinks about it now as it's a 'retro cult' film and it looks funny, but if you actually saw the film as a kid he's genuinely scary.

I agree with Sloth. My big one was ET, in fact I could watch an Amblin Entertainment film/tv show for fear of seeing their logo before or after the show.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

I loved watching Danger Mouse when I was a kid, but Baron Greenback's voice scared the fucking shit out of me. I literally lost sleep over the bastard, can still hear that bloody whisper of his...

Not :up:

I had a problem with one of the Ian Livingstone Fighting Fantasy books (maybe Deathtrap Dungeon) where there was a page with an image of some undead skullfaced horror that was shit yer pants scary. I'd scream everytime I flicked onto the page.

And I got quite upset 'cos I couldn't stop the hawt elf lady dying (sad face)

• Upvote 1