aberdeen-music

Glissando + My Kappa Roots + Lamplighter @ Tunnels 2

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild

Idol Wild Promotions is exceptionally proud to present to you...

GLISSANDO

MySpace.com - GLISSANDO - new album out now - Leeds, UK - Ambient / Experimental / Alternative - www.myspace.com/glissando

After gracing The Tunnels stage earlier this year supporting Stars of the Lid, Leeds outfit Glissando return with their deliciously dark and melancholic ambience. Richard Knox's delicately bowed guitar soundscapes underpin Elly May Irving's haunting voice and brooding piano. With nods in the direction of Gregor Samsa, Bat for Lashes, and even Low, Glissando blend soothing experimentalism with serene melody.

MY KAPPA ROOTS

MySpace.com - My Kappa Roots - Glasgow, UK - Other - www.myspace.com/mykapparootsmusic

My Kappa Roots is the monicker adopted by a lovely fellow named Pablo. He possesses a warm, soft voice which accompanies stunning, yet somehow discreet, finger plucked guitar. He's garnering quite a reputation in his central belt homeland and it's not hard to see why. Sensitive yet cutting, My Kappa Roots will splice you up then lovingly solder you back together.

LAMPLIGHTER

MySpace.com - LAMPLIGHTER - ABERDEEN, cloaking device, UK - Hip Hop / Emotronic / K-POP - www.myspace.com/cynicalletdown

Lamplighter is a one-man lo-fi, ambient, experimental hip-hop artist from Aberdeen. Sonically, he's hard to pin-down with a range of influences coming to the fore - indeed his own description is "some kind of hip-hop"...though without vocals. Sounds interesting, doesn't it?

Friday 19th September

The Tunnels (Room2)

7pm (with a 10:30 curfew)

everything going to plan i'll be moving house that day so alas won't make it but good luck phil! cracking line up and it's good to see robin(lamplighter) getting his stuff out there as he's a talented chap.

if you need any help with promotions give me a shout. i should have a bit more free time now that i'm switching jobs.

Guest idol_wild

Cheers for your support, Dave. It's hugely appreciated - I'll certainly be in touch if extra help is required.

A lovely poster will follow in due course. Hopefully void of all spelling errors this time. :dunce:

Guest idol_wild
my kappa roots is affa affa good, good line up Phil

Cheers min.

I think this is possibly my best line-up since The Twilight Sad/Household (all those moons ago, it seems).

Let's hope it's similarly attended!

Guest idol_wild
Also, as it stands i can't make this :(

Has it always been the 19th? I'm sure it was the 20th or something. Massive diary rearrangement is in order.

It was going to be the 20th, but the IMP boys have an amazing gig at The Lemon Tree that:

a) will steal almost all of my potential punters

b) I really want to go to myself!

You can't make the 19th? This was the night we almost got This Town Needs Guns!

Pity you can't make it, dude. You should try though...

Guest idol_wild
Is this the night after Frightened Rabbit? If so, it could be an expensive weekend for me :(

I'll start saving now...

You're a teacher - we all know your kind are minted ;)

Guest idol_wild

Glissando will be performing this set as a four-piece, with an individual taking care of "bass and soundscapes" and a violinist.

This will surely provide added intensity and bliss.

Yum.

Guest idol_wild
As a four piece? That's interesting. They were OK in supporting SotL, but as a 4 piece i can see it being a bit better....

The poster looks like the plan for the new university library.

The poster comes out really poorly when I try to print it which is a bit annoying.

Any Photoshop wizzes fancy touching up the actual image of the poster to allow it to print clearer? Is that even possible?

The poster comes out really poorly when I try to print it which is a bit annoying.

Any Photoshop wizzes fancy touching up the actual image of the poster to allow it to print clearer? Is that even possible?

send me an email with the original and i'll have a bash. should be easy enough.

is it just the picture part which is looking a bit faint?