aberdeen-music

Bloodnut | Dollar Sent | Mr Moorings Comp | 1864 In Art @ Moorings

i hadn't been at the moorings for ages before that gig and by the end we were all standing around going "why the hell don't we come here more often?". good beer and cracking banter.

although, i did fuck my voice up something rotten trying to speak to people. made me feel like a proper old man moaning about it being too loud to have conversation. it's a small price to pay for good times though. :)

Dare I ask what the Mr Moorings contest entailed?

There were 5 stages, 3 of which were performed to spectators:

Scientific scales measure of body fat and muscle mass.

Comparison of body measurements to the greek ideal.

Both those were done in private.

The we each performed 5 sets of varied pull up and 5 sets of varied pushups in the lane outside. In total something like 800 pull ups and close to 2000 pushups took place. I have a note with the exact numbers somewhere. Everyone was well ****** by the end of that.

Then there was the posing part, which was in fancy dress. The winner was dressed up as Irene Cara from Flashdance, resplendent leotard in and mauve leg warmers.

Finally there was a beer necking contest.

In all fairness, I only saw one girl turn away. Well, not turn away, but hold something up in front of her face. The rest were fucking loving it.

Why the fuck i decided walking around with a hoodie as a mini-skirt for an hour is beyond me.

Miss Moorings would be fucking yaldie. But I would not be taking part.

Im gonna work out for next year.

In all fairness, I only saw one girl turn away. Well, not turn away, but hold something up in front of her face. The rest were fucking loving it.

Why the fuck i decided walking around with a hoodie as a mini-skirt for an hour is beyond me.

Miss Moorings would be fucking yaldie. But I would not be taking part.

Im gonna work out for next year.

It was probably a camera :p

look what you did: Dollar-Sent have split up. is it because of the naked oiled men?

"Dollar Sent split August 2008 . .

I'm sad to say it's true. Dollar Sent are no more. After 4 years we felt that it was time to call it a day here at Dollar Towers. Due to personal and professional differences it became clear that we could no longer work together as a band. The decision was made whilst on our last tour that we would be drawing a line under Dollar Sent and moving on. But never fear for there is a silver lining to this cloud. Myself and Sparky will continue to work together under a new (as yet undecided) name, and trust me you won't have to wait long before we are back out attacking your eardrums with our own particular brand of rock'n'roll. Work on the new project is some way down the road, so you really won't have to wait very long at all. There is also a limited number of our CD still available through here and the Ampwitch site. However once they're gone they're gone!! I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the people who have supported us over the years. Thanks to everyone who has given us shows, come to the shows, brought the stuff and generally help us along the way.

I hope that you will enjoy our new projects as much. So, many thanks and goodbye."