aberdeen-music

Thank Feck - Its T In The Park!

kingofdeon

BJM were the TBC band headlining Pet Sounds. The Robbers took their place. Strange, strange reasoning behind that i thought. Would maybe have went to see BJM if there wasn't such confusion.

I still don't get it! BJM were listed as playing early afternoon and there was a TBC for headlining, so presumably they swapped? You can only presume Eddie Jordan's band paid to be on the bill. Pub Rock Gash.

From what i saw of BJM they just played the same riff in each song over and over again. and the singer (well i say singer, but all i heard him sing was like "woah" otherwise he just kept tamborining, looked like he was trying to be something outta oasis.

I think their music is ok personally. You should watch the film "Dig" which is about BJM. It won't make you like their music any better but you'll have more of an understanding what they're all about (mental illness, habitual drug use and delusions of grandeur). It's a good watch anyhoo.

I actually thought that the bit we camped in was alright, then i found today it was beside the bit the guy got stabbed at (thought i did see flashy lights through my tent that night). What bits were you camping in that were dodgy?

I was in the Purple Zone, it was pretty quiet up there, nothing of incident happened and most folk were in bed by 1am. Nice and quiet, got some good sleeping done. That's where they found the dead body though, according to the paper.

I still don't get it! BJM were listed as playing early afternoon and there was a TBC for headlining, so presumably they swapped? You can only presume Eddie Jordan's band paid to be on the bill. Pub Rock Gash.

They should have let Hot Chip headline Pet Sounds, they were really on their game, had the place absolutely bouncing.

I was in the Purple Zone, it was pretty quiet up there, nothing of incident happened and most folk were in bed by 1am. Nice and quiet, got some good sleeping done. That's where they found the dead body though, according to the paper.

I was in Yellow and White - had two tents...and it was pretty hectic for the most part. Weegies - god bless them - just cant seem to speak quietly ever......

Yeah sorry Christy, I was planning leaving Seasick Steve early to run over and catch the Prais, but he was so good I just couldn't leave, plus he overran by ten minutes so I missed ya.

Quite alright, quite alright. I actually had the great pleasure of having a big ol' chat with Seasick Steve at belladrum a coupla years ago.....the most charming fella I ever did meet. His live sets are always incredible, I would've definitely been there too were we not playing.

The turnout was rather brilliant, to be honest. We were lucky in being invited to do the plumb slot (6.40), which is generally seen as the most desirable, but I was still surprised at the turnout and reception we got, given that we played three new songs and performed as a seven piece rather than the usual three.

Heaps of fun.

Love from Christy

I think their music is ok personally. You should watch the film "Dig" which is about BJM. It won't make you like their music any better but you'll have more of an understanding what they're all about (mental illness, habitual drug use and delusions of grandeur). It's a good watch anyhoo.

Might check out that movie. I had a feeling something was up regarding mental illness or drugs from one of the lyrics i actually heard.

The robbers were one of the worst bands i saw all weekend. The actually made me nap.

what was dull about rage? I have a DVD of their "last" show back before they split and they played just as amazing at T as they did years ago

The Feeling (really good!)......

......Rage Against The Machine (distinctly average, very disappointing and yes, I am a fan)

Opinion Null and Void :laughing:

what was dull about rage? I have a DVD of their "last" show back before they split and they played just as amazing at T as they did years ago

I totally loved it, but it was a fairly typical festival set that may have been a bit on the meh side. I coulda put money on testify or Bulls being first then freedom being last. Kinda a generic festival set.

But they still were amazing :D I'd have been even more impressed if they'd played something like clear the lane or even ashes in the fall.

Liked the little changes to the songs (renegades, Sleep now.. etc) aswell.

Another thing i did at t was sit in the rockband tent. I was forced into singing on the friday. But that was fun.:gringo:

another year has gone then, personally i had a brilliant time, as i seem to do every year, not much bands dissapointed at all. i seen:

Friday:

Luva Anna

The Music

Chemical Brothers (very dissapointing although the visuals were great)

Saturday:

Twisted Wheel

The Stranglers

The Metros

Sons & Daughters

The Law

Erol Alkan (brilliant)

RATM

Sunday:

Hi 5 alive

Shed Seven

Vampire Weekend

Seasick Steve

Justice

Hot chip

The Presets (highlight of the weekend for me)

Think its the first time ive seen a full set in every stage, got a good mix of bands this year.

I saw...

Friday

Stereophonics - were the only band on when we first went in, boring.

Chemical Brothers - Alright

Spent most in the night in the B-Bar, it was more fun

Saturday

Dubfire - Good

Model 500 - Didn't live up to expectations

Dusty Kid - Possibly set of the weekend

Erol Alkan - Finally a good set from this cunt, he didn't hold back

Modeselektor - Good fun

Rage - Again, good fun.

Sunday

The X-Certs - Hadn't seen them in a while and they were really good

Miss Kitting and The Hacker - Dissapointing

Vampire Weekend - Ran from the Slam Tent to where they were playing on my own and the tent was full so stood and watched some darkness play Vampire Weekend songs for a bit, they sounded good but would have been better if I'd gotten in.

DJ Hell - Was annoyingly boring

Edgar Prais - FORGOT TO GO AND SEE THEM AAAAH

Justice - Saw them in the unbelievably big Sonar by Night Arena in Barca a few weeks ago so this was never going to live up to that but they stil put on a really good set.

Richie Hawtin - Can't beat a bit of minimal, another good set.

The Prodigy - A good way to finish the weekend, couldn't stop smiling.

Overall one of the best weekends of my life, can't wait for next year. People always moan about neds there but I experienced aboslutely no problems from anyone and made about a million new friends over the weekend.

Guest treader.

an hour or so before the guy got stabbed for breaking up a fight, i broke up a fight elsewhere.

pretty weird to think...not that im claiming this was by any means a "near death experience"