aberdeen-music

Thank Feck - Its T In The Park!

kingofdeon

Amusingly, Gun as they exist now only have 2 members from their original incarnation and neither of them are even the singer. Their new singer is called Toby. Bet they are quality.

Nah, the drummer is the original one too.

Just the singer has changed.

I used to quite like them when I was young.

I'll maybe pop along and see them for old times sake.

o_O

I heard that Tennents are pulling out after this year so it's not going to be called T In The Park anymore. They have already pulled out of T On The Fringe, which is now going to be called Edge Festival.

It was announced that in 2008, T on the Fringe would be renamed The Edge Festival, alluding to its continuing links with the Fringe Festival in Edinburgh. It also marked the end of the Tennent's sponsorship of the event. Organisers are to reveal more about the revamped event in the coming months.

Competition time - what should they rename T in the Park? (Forgetting for a minute that it's probably going to become the Vodafone Festival, or the Nokia Festival or the Birds Eye Potato Waffles Festival, or some other corporate shit).

Guest treader.
Were you even alive when they were around in the early 90's? to see them live? :popcorn:;)

i didnt say "we're not good LIVE any more"

i just get the impression that all these years on, they'll have lost their touch from the records of their prime. YI KEN!?

but no i havent seen them live before. so maybe i will be blown away.

Has anyone heard the stories about the site being infested with ticks? Is anyone considering taking tick repellent with them? It could just be an urban myth, but I don't want Lyme disease.

Little symbols floating about everywhere telling you you're correct?! Cool!

Maybe you misheard someone talking about TitP Tix?

no, I haven't heard anything of the sort.

Competition time - what should they rename T in the Park? (Forgetting for a minute that it's probably going to become the Vodafone Festival, or the Nokia Festival or the Birds Eye Potato Waffles Festival, or some other corporate shit).

"just onther fucking festival with the same bands as all the other rip offs and hardly any decent 'odd bands' that give you the chance to discover and hear something new festival"

snappy, like.

I've got my weekend planned out already! Yes I'm that much of a nerd.

Friday:

Los Campesinos

Kids In Glass Houses

Joe Lean And The Jing Jang Jong

The Futureheads

(then run over to catch the end of) the Chemical Brothers

Saturday:

Kate Nash (don't ask)

Gabriella Cilmi (again, don't ask)

The Feeling

Fighting With Wire

The Hold Steady

Glasvegas

Band Of Horses

Ben Folds (and hopefully a bit of The Raconteurs if one of them is running late or early)

Rage Against The Machine

Sunday:

Bowling For Soup (Hey I like 'em OK?)

Shed Seven

The Ting Tings

Michael Mayer

The Enemy

Vampire Weekend

Johnny Foreigner for a bit until Amy Winehouse starts, if she turns up

Edgar Prais

Seasick Steve

Kings Of Leon

The Zutons

Hot Chip

:love:

Majority of Saturday wil be spent selling pro-plus and grooving in the Slam tent I think.

Sunday for me is clash-tastic. I'd love to see Amy Winehouse but shes either not gonna turn up or be a wreck.

Also wanna see the phonics, ian brown and primal scream and perhaps vampire weekend for curiosity.

WTfs this relentless stage about?

ho hum.... hope this weather improves.....

on a bright note, is it only me that's getting great pleasure in seeing all the adds in the Tickets forum Tickets - aberdeen-music for TITP tickets?

every year it's a pain in the arse trying to get tickets when they go on sale & they sell out because people always buy 2 "just in case". it's poetic justice to see them left with these tickets and be a couple of hundred quid out of pocket.

Next year I think i'll wait till the week before TITP before lookign for tickets on ebay or here.

wrong. wrong. wrong. wrong.

i saw them at ATP in May. If you like their records it was pretty hard not to enjoy the live show. You'd be silly to miss them!

Correct correct correct correct!

Battles were devastating, they're something else to behold when in full swing. I'd go again just to see the drummer, he's a MACHINE.

Guest bluesxman
rumoured headliner for 2009 is Elvis.

would that do it for you?

If he played early stuff like Alison Watching The Detectives and Olivers Army it would be quite good but I dont think Id go specifically to see him, hes a bit crap these days.