aberdeen-music

Thank Feck - Its T In The Park!

kingofdeon

aye it's the new biffy single. something about mountains.

i just realised that when cutting to different stages they change the music and it's not always the biffy single though that is the main one they use, so it may well have been the xcerts(though it probably was biffy).

That was a good one apart from having an upset stomach all day yesterday.

I saw:

Friday -

The Music (good)

Chemical Brothers (good)

Saturday -

The Stranglers (not bad)

Alabama 3 (dull)

The Hold Steady (pretty good)

Band of Horses (amazing)

Ben Folds (exhilirating)

RATM (utterly mindblowingly spectacular)

Sunday (inbetween frequent queueing for the toilets) -

1990's (good)

Brian Jonestown Massacre didn't turn up, the band in their place was called the Robbers and were terrible.

My Morning Jacket (pish)

Battles (fun for 10 minutes before becoming repetitive and annoying)

Counting Crows (completely shit)

The National (amazing as always)

Kings of Leon (sounded good but wasn't in a good spot)

The Prodigy (lasted 3 songs before illness took me back to the campsite - it sounded pretty mental from my tent)

It was more than worth it to see Rage, Ben Folds, Band of Horses and the National.

Rage - Words cannot describe them

The Stranglers - Brilliant

The Pogues - Brilliant, although I couldn't work out what Shane was on about

Pendulum - Brilliant

The Prodigy - Absolutely fucking mental

Eddy Grant - Amazing start to the weekend, the amount of doobs being passed around was great

Biffy Clyro - Surprisingly good, although I regret going into the pit for that one

Mindless Self Indulgence - Went insane onstage, great start to the Sunday

The Charlatans - Stayed for a few, were pretty decent

Slam Tent - Always good, especially DJ Hell

I am so gutted I had to miss Aphex Twin :(

Friday

Los Campesinos! - pretty good

Alphabeat - I feel disgusted with myself. It wasn't even funny.

Chemical Brothers - really good, but I was shattered so didn't get into it

Saturday

Subways - Ding

Lightspeed Champion - fairly good

Sons & Daughters - Much better than I was expecting

Band of Horses - definitely one of my highlights

Erol Alkan - Ace

Fucked Up - Pretty impressive, and got me pumped for...

Rage - Just shit hot

Sunday

My Morning Jacket - Didn't really do much for me

Battles - Amazing

Justice - My favourite of the whole weekend

Hot Chip - Brilliant

Aphex Twin - stunning, but I was still wanting to dance a bit more so..

The Presets - Once again ace

Aphex Twin - again at the end, and this time I loved it, best way to end the weekend

I saw:

Friday -

The Music (good)

Chemical Brothers (good)

Saturday -

The Stranglers (not bad)

Alabama 3 (dull)

The Hold Steady (pretty good)

Band of Horses (amazing)

Ben Folds (exhilirating)

RATM (utterly mindblowingly spectacular)

Sunday (inbetween frequent queueing for the toilets) -

1990's (good)

Brian Jonestown Massacre didn't turn up, the band in their place was called the Robbers and were terrible.

My Morning Jacket (pish)

Battles (fun for 10 minutes before becoming repetitive and annoying)

Counting Crows (completely shit)

The National (amazing as always)

Kings of Leon (sounded good but wasn't in a good spot)

The Prodigy (lasted 3 songs before illness took me back to the campsite - it sounded pretty mental from my tent)

It was more than worth it to see Rage, Ben Folds, Band of Horses and the National.

Are you sure about Brian Jonestown Massacre not playing? The band were definitely on-site, I bumped into them several times. Btw, I think The Robbers are Formula One boss Eddie Jordan's band.

Are you sure about Brian Jonestown Massacre not playing? The band were definitely on-site, I bumped into them several times. Btw, I think The Robbers are Formula One boss Eddie Jordan's band.

BJM were the TBC band headlining Pet Sounds. The Robbers took their place. Strange, strange reasoning behind that i thought. Would maybe have went to see BJM if there wasn't such confusion.

Friday:

The Wombats - huge indifference

The Music - mental. didn't know any of the stuff not on their debut but it all sounded wicked.

The Verve - 1st of many highlights of the weekend.

Saturday:

The Stranglers: couldn't actually get in but what i heard outside the tent was good but eventually decided if we couldn't get in we'd be as well seeing something so it may as well be...

Will Young: genuinely good i thought. obviously never going to be awe-inspiring but was pretty entertaining and had a pretty damn full Pet Sounds Tent loving it from what I could see. Stayed for a bit of...

Lightspeed Champion: Not his biggest fan but the songs were nice enough and pleasant enough to drink my smuggled booze away to. Left in time to see...

The Courteneers: Considering I like most of the songs i'd heard i thought they were fairly average. Had its moments though and i got on the screen for a lengthy time which is always fun in a way that will make you cringe later.

Glasvegas: Yes, shit name but they were fucking immense. I only know the 2 singles but every song was good and the crowd were crazy. 30 minute set left me wanting more.

Reverened and the Makers: Pretty good live actually.

The Pogues: Another highlight. One of my favourite bands and on amazing form i thought. Shane can still hit the notes as good as he ever could its just actually pronouncing words he has a trouble with. Great front man. Highlights were Body of an American, Streams of Whiskey and Fiesta. Only lowlight: the amount of fucking Celtic songs being sung...just FUCK OFF.

R.A.T.M - Ashamed to say that apart from their debut which i picked up only last week i'd never heard anything apart from the 'hits'. The strength of that album convinced me to go see it and i find it bizarre now to think I was actually in two minds to begin with. absolutely stunning. Ive never been one to care for guitarists as far as musicianship goes but Tom Morrello is a total magician! Fantastic to see and it really was a perfect set and won over everyone who watched it im sure.

Sunday:

The Enemy - decent enough for that kind of thing. Thoroughly enjoyed it and cleared the terrible hangover i had.

Seasick Steve - Fantastic. Only ever heard smigens of his stuff but definitely intrigued enough to head along. Had every single member of the audience in the palm of his hand, even though im sure most checked him out out of curiosity alone. Completely iconic and possibly my favourite act of the weekend.

Edgar Prais - Was always kind of half planning to see them, but after bumping into Kris and Steve over the weekend a few times and hearing they were now a 7 piece sealed the deal. Really good stuff and certainly not a step down in terms of anything else i'd heard over the weekend. It was my first time in the T-Break tent so not sure if that constituted as a good crowd or not but everyone i spoke to was full of praise. The Prais virgins i was with were blown away so well done you Sloppy Drunk Boys.

Pendulum - Not a big fan but the crowd were positively bonkers for it and was hard not to get into it. Just caught the last few songs as i was waiting for...

The Charlatans - A consistent favourite of mine for years and years now but first time i'd seen them live. Absolutely brilliant. The new album songs sounded 10x better than on record (i think its a solid album anyway btw). Tim Burgess was easily looking the coolest person at the festival and my inner fanboi came out anytime he came remotely close to my side of the stage at the front.

Prodigy - Loved it but was far too shattered to get properly in the mix where i'd probably have enjoyed it even more.

Camping - great fun.

I am wrecked. First T in a few years so didnt know what to expect.

Way to many neds who go to get smasho and generally act like knobs.

Friday

Newton Faulkner (Not bad but a bit of a show off live)

Alphabeat (Dont ask me why I went but they were actually pretty entertaining)

Kids In Glass Houses (Take them or leave them)

The Music (Ace but crowd was too nuts couldnt enjoy them and set was too short/obvious)

The Verve (Boring so left early)

Saturday

Dubfire (Ok not a dance fan)

Kate Nash (Not my choice. Awful)

The Subways (Again not my choice I want to like them but the singer was way too excited and irritating)

Biffy (Not really into them but pretty good)

Kooks (Not fussed just waiting in the front to see rage)

Fratellis (Awful but again just waiting for rage. Their drummer played the start of Take the Power Back so at least they have good taste)

Rage (Probably the best band Ill ever see live. Amazing)

Sunday

Shed 7 (Good as always)

Ting Tings (Enjoyed the singles dont really see what the hype is about)

Battles (Try as I may I just dont understand them. Maybe need to give them another listen)

Beth Rowley (Amy Winehouse minus crack)

Yeasayer (Really entertaining and their bass player is immense!)

Amy Winehouse (Totally lost it. Her voice just sounds tired and she is too distracted)

Panic (Really good but nobody else there seemed bothered by them was a small crowd)

Black Kids (Singles are good not sure there is much else there)

Prodigy (Boring so left early to watch the fireworks)

All in all a good weekend!

Was it just me or did anyone think the campsite was abit mair dodgy than usual? Folk getting stabbed on the sat night, heaps of resuscitations, defib etc and I'm absolutely adamet I saw someone dead on the sunday (policemen standing about writing, some lad in foil not moving and tape around him).

Maybe I'm just getting older?

Me too, I was spewing all Sunday night... felt awful (and that was without booze).

Bands wise:

Saturday:

The blackout (were ok, a few good songs).

Gun (for old times sake).

Devil Sold His soul (not really my thing).

Fighting With Wire (really good).

Biffy (can't remember, was absolutely tatties by this point).

The blackout (they played a second set, was still buckled).

RAGE - AWESOME! Highlight of the weekend.

Sunday:

Bowling for Soup (don't ask, although their banter was good).

Shed Seven (decent)

X-certs (were really good).

Counting Crows (pretty poop)

Goo Goo dolls (the bird wanted to see one song).

Seasick Steve (awsome).

Amy Winehouse (the bird again).

Edgar Prais (very enjoyable)

Black Kids (ok, nowt special).

Hdd to go away home after this as was feeling awful.... lots of sickness ensued......... bastards. I'm gonna sue.

Would have watched prodigy, but have seen them about 10 times over the years,

Was it just me or did anyone think the campsite was abit mair dodgy than usual? Folk getting stabbed on the sat night, heaps of resuscitations, defib etc and I'm absolutely adamet I saw someone dead on the sunday (policemen standing about writing, some lad in foil not moving and tape around him).

Someone did die on the Sunday night so maybe you did see the body.

BBC NEWS | Scotland | Tayside and Central | Death and stabbing at T festival

I hope they catch the dirty fucking bastards who stabbed that guy and throw the book at them.

Id say Prodigy were my highlight. Went to the very front which i aint done for years and it was fucking mental.

Thought Sats line up was shit really.....Actually odnt think i see any bands and the Mohito's (Spell?) in the barcadi tent were the highlight...Though RATM looked pretty decent even though its not my thing.

Also did anyone else think KOL slowed there whole set down? Just seemed slower i.e Molly Chambers , The Bucket etc....or maybe i was moving faster..nae sure!

aye, felt way more sinister on the sunday night than usual. i seen a bunch of neds jumping and looting folks tents during kings of leon, so i packed up my stuff and left on the sunday

I actually thought that the bit we camped in was alright, then i found today it was beside the bit the guy got stabbed at (thought i did see flashy lights through my tent that night). What bits were you camping in that were dodgy?

Thinking about it i didn't actually see that many acts over the weekend

Friday -

Stereophonics (good)

The Music (really good)

The Chemical Brothers (brilliant)

Saturday -

Rage (saw the start and would have stayed but i really wanted to see Interpol)

Air Traffic (got bit lost and went in wrong tent on way to Interpol, stayed for a song, was alright)

Interpol (really good)

Sunday

Miss Kitten and the Hacker (really good)

DJ Hell (got a bit bored)

Pendulum (really good, but could have been longer)

Kings of Leon (saw bits while trying to find food/drink/toilet and yes they did sound slower than normal)

Hot Chip (saw a couple of songs while queing for the toilets)

The Prodigy (excellent, they were my highlight, completely knackered by the end of the set)

On sunday after the Prodgy we headed to the silent disco and it lived up to its name, the power went out so no music. While waiting to see if it could get fixed we all ended up singing stupid songs and dancing instead (Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes, the Hokey Cokey, the Congo etc), it was a really good laugh. Went down to the Duracell tent instead and don't know who was playing but it was a good way to end the night.

Was it just me or was there a lack of toilets around, and when you did find some they were disgusting? (I think i was a bit spoilt at Rockness cos they were quite nice and clean there)

Was it just me or was there a lack of toilets around, and when you did find some they were disgusting? (I think i was a bit spoilt at Rockness cos they were quite nice and clean there)

I just ended up pissing against any wall that could be found. Loads of folk were doing it and noone seemed to care.

I spent most of the weekend queueing as it was so I wanted to avoid it where possible.

I just ended up pissing against any wall that could be found. Loads of folk were doing it and noone seemed to care.

I spent most of the weekend queueing as it was so I wanted to avoid it where possible.

They should just rename it P In The Park and be done with it. What I really don't get is guys who make the effort to go into the urinal bitty and still piss on the ground!

One of the most disturbing sights I've ever seen was accidently seeing a woman having a shite whilst standing up behind a bin. Good old T in the Park...

Dunno about disturbing, though i did see more cock than i'm happy with, but the funniest thing i saw at T in 2006 was a guy falling backwards out of a portaloo mid piss and being unable to stop and continuing to piss on himself whilst himself and the whole toilet queue were laughing their balls off. It was amazing.

I went to see BJM and the robbers. Both IMO were crap. From what i saw of BJM they just played the same riff in each song over and over again. and the singer (well i say singer, but all i heard him sing was like "woah" otherwise he just kept tamborining, looked like he was trying to be something outta oasis. The robbers just were unoffensive and boring and made me want to sleep. Actually alot of the bands on sunday wernt decent in my eyes. But that coulda been thanks to some cunt from glasgow attacking our tents (he nicked some lasses phone that had pictures of her kids. not cool) oh yeah he threatend to slash us too (or him and his family rather - who incidently were in blue...where was that stabbing again?) so we had to move our tents so didnt get to sleep :(

But i saw tons of bands all weekend. Some good, some shite, and some gems.

RATM were the highlight for me, easily the best band ive ever caught live. Completely epic.

Bit disappointed that there was no bbc stuff, i wanted to watch the set again when i got home. Nearly passed out from dehydration from jumping around like a complete and utter pleb. but it was worth it.

Was it just me or did zach actually look shocked when he came out and looked at the crowd?

Met some interesting people during and afterwards. Also found it amusing when the security admitted they'd never seen a crowd like that and didnt expect so much madness.

The Music were another band that awe'd me. I'd heard of them but never heard them, so i thought id check them out. and wow i was blown away. need to get their albums now.

The Chemical Bros - not usually my thing. But that was fun. dancing like a complete twat in the middle of a field with thousands of other folk while watching one of the most interesting backgrounds ever.

Other bands that impressed me over the course of the weekend were Feeder, The Subways, Prodigy, Biffy (yass to 57), pendulum (really full tent like) and Elliot minor were actually pretty good. i thought they'd be cack after the singer being a cock in bassment a while back. But they impressed me.

On another note:- i'm never eating festival burgers or bacon again. I had the worst burger ever last night. and it fucking cost me 8 for the displeasure! And the silent disco is ace. More so when you play spray can tag... or just turn off the headphones and realise how much of a twat you all look :p

Cant wait for leeds now. Mon the rage :p

I had a great time, but waaaaay to many people there who were just there to get fucking wrecked and didn't really care about music.

Bands I saw all or part of their set:

Friday:

Scouting For Girls (pretty dull)

Feeder (pretty dull)

Chemical Brothers (utterly amazing)

Saturday:

The Subways (average)

The Feeling (really good!)

The Hold Steady (really enjoyed)

The Pigeon Detectives (a lot better than I was expecting)

Fratellis (bollocks live)

Ben Folds (fantastic as ever)

Rage Against The Machine (distinctly average, very disappointing and yes, I am a fan)

Sunday:

One Night Only (a lot better than expected, singer has a lot of banter for a youngster)

Amy McDonald (only because the Ting Tings tent was full and I couldn't be bothered walking back)

The Enemy (average, neither really good nor really bad)

Robots In Disguise (rubbish)

Seasick Steve (amazing, highlight of the weekend)

Amy Winehouse (was so quiet I couldn't even hear it)

Pendulum (mental!)

Black Kids (nae bad)

Kings Of Leon (brilliant)

Hot Chip (brillianter)

REM (brilliantest)

The only negative experience I had was some cunt trying to pickpocket my girlfriend during the Chemical Brothers but he didn't get anything. As for the bogs, compared to Reading and Leeds they were fucking luxury.... the ones in the arena had fucking toilet roll and soap in them! And the ones in the campsite weren't overflowing with shit, bogroll and tampons, which was nice.

I skipped Friday, and arrived too late on sat to catch dEUS, the only band I was desperate to see. Way to plan, Keenan...

Saturday:

Band Of Horses - v good

Ben Folds - v good as always, but hampered by a DING mix

RATM - 4 songs....excellent to squawk and dance around to, but it will never be ma cup of chai

Interpol - great....then Godawful in the middle of the set. Who writes their setlists?

Ian Brown - Caught his last two tracks...a version of Waterfall (marvellous), and a passable FEAR

Sunday:

Xcerts - v good

Battles - excellent, but only caught the end

Vampire Weekend - not quite worthy of all the hype, but not bad

The Vivians - not ma cup of chai

Edgar Prais - probably my favourite gig we've ever played

Frightened Rabbit - fabulous

Primal Scream - consumate. Always a pleasure to hear 'Movin On Up'. If they'd played 'Kowalski' I would've been the happiest man in the land.

Good times!

Love from Christy

I skipped Friday, and arrived too late on sat to catch dEUS, the only band I was desperate to see. Way to plan, Keenan...

Saturday:

Band Of Horses - v good

Ben Folds - v good as always, but hampered by a DING mix

RATM - 4 songs....excellent to squawk and dance around to, but it will never be ma cup of chai

Interpol - great....then Godawful in the middle of the set. Who writes their setlists?

Ian Brown - Caught his last two tracks...a version of Waterfall (marvellous), and a passable FEAR

Sunday:

Xcerts - v good

Battles - excellent, but only caught the end

Vampire Weekend - not quite worthy of all the hype, but not bad

The Vivians - not ma cup of chai

Edgar Prais - probably my favourite gig we've ever played

Frightened Rabbit - fabulous

Primal Scream - consumate. Always a pleasure to hear 'Movin On Up'. If they'd played 'Kowalski' I would've been the happiest man in the land.

Good times!

Love from Christy

How was the turn out at your gig? We were all planning to come along but totally lost track of time due to drink and whatever else i had taken and totally forgot and found myself in the bacardi tent drinking some green shit....

gutted...

How was the turn out at your gig? We were all planning to come along but totally lost track of time due to drink and whatever else i had taken and totally forgot and found myself in the bacardi tent drinking some green shit....

gutted...

Yeah sorry Christy, I was planning leaving Seasick Steve early to run over and catch the Prais, but he was so good I just couldn't leave, plus he overran by ten minutes so I missed ya.