aberdeen-music

Radio 6, George Lamb

Edgar Graham

He should be on radio one with his level of music knowledge and shit banter based style. Have you heard him get the names of the hub bands wrong (not tongue in cheek). I used to listen to 6 music at work to try and get a bit of variety and keep up to date with "new" music but as a result of annoying presenters I now prefer to wander round myspace or youtube.

Craig Charles show is ace, great to hear someone with both passion and knowledge of the music they present. The Bob Dylan ones are interesting too but find his voice grates a bit.

He is a proper cunt, nearly as bad as the likes of Chris Moyles and that other cunt who is on Radio 1 in the afternoon. Terry Wogan shits all over them.

You mean Scott Mills? I listen to Mills every day... OK he knows dick about music, but he is funny as fuck, regulary has me peeing myself. Moyles on the other hand is just ding.

Steve Merchant on BBC 6 is king of radio at the moment in my opinion. He plays an amazing mix of stuff and is genuinely funny.

The show he used to do with Ricky Gervais and Karl Pilkington on XFM was the greatest radio show of all time. They used to constantly take the piss out of Chris Moyles show as well, they once attempted to sabotage his show by phoning up in a 'songs related to golf' phone in and just scream 'Duran Duran - Golfy, Golfy Golf-Golf'.

• 1 month later...
The show he used to do with Ricky Gervais and Karl Pilkington on XFM was the greatest radio show of all time. They used to constantly take the piss out of Chris Moyles show as well, they once attempted to sabotage his show by phoning up in a 'songs related to golf' phone in and just scream 'Duran Duran - Golfy, Golfy Golf-Golf'.

Hahaha, I wish I had heard that.

I occasionally listen to Radio 6 in the morning due to my (soon to be over) unemployed state, but George Lamb's highlarious banter makes me change over to Cash in the Attic or This Morning. He is that bad.

I occasionally listen to Radio 6 in the morning due to my (soon to be over) unemployed state, but George Lamb's highlarious banter makes me change over to Cash in the Attic or This Morning. He is that bad.

What were you doing up in the morning if you were unemployed?

The show they try it on was before they had any kind of fame so I think it's been lost, not sure if they got through. There's a brilliant resource for anyone interested on Main Page - Pilkipedia, they have pretty much every episode of Gervais XFM show from 2001 onwards (with the music generally edited out for legal purposes).

The three years of recording comes from around the time The Office was coming out on BBC and before Karl Pilkington was generally heard of through the Podcasts and was just their orange-headed producer who they regularly have a pop at, despite being on air.

One of the best moments is when they find out the game he's allegedly been working on for months is is an idea ripped off from Simon Mayo's show.

'Your taking the piss out of me, your taking the piss out of Graham, and you're taking the piss out of London. Tune in next week if Karl can get his act together.

The disheartened Karl just sighs and plays a record.

Since Phil Jupitus, Gid and Vic McGlynn have gone, day time 6music is just pants. Its such a shame.

Completely agree. The daytime 6Music line-up a few years back was exceptional. A really good mix of music presented by DJs who knew what they were talking about. I used to enjoy Andrew Collins show at the end of the afternoon too although the Lamacq slot is a worthy successor. Nowadays I stick with Stephen Merchant and Guy Garvey on a Sunday and the excellent Adam & Joe show on Saturday morning. Breakfast radio is so worthless at the moment...