Baker Hughes 10k run.

Scorge

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...
Guest idol_wild

I'm tempted to take part this year. My involvement in playing football has decreased since I got into playing in a fucking band.

I need a reason to get back into running again.

I used to get up at 6am on Christmas morning to run (and five other mornings every week). Oh how times have changed.

Oh yeah, and doing stuff for charity is cool, apparently. Pfft.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

I'm doing this with a few folk from my work this year. Only done it once before 5 years ago. Got a reasonably good time, and felt fine afterwards so went for a kick about in Duthie Park. My mate then phoned and was short of boys for a game at Strikers, so went along and made up the numbers.

Couldn't walk for about a week.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

how do you register? time for this fat fuck to get into shape

edit: you go to the born2run website and pay 19 bucks, which i have just done.

i am an idiot...why did i do this?!

a good reason to get into better shape. think i might be in too.

And you just had to rope me into your evil scheme.

Entered today and went for a practice run after work. 4.5k in 30 mins, seems like a good baseline to build from.

Legs are a bit stiff and sore now though, especially my ankles.

• 3 weeks later...

If you're running this year and haven't decided on a charity yet, please consider running for CHILDREN 1ST. We have limited registered charity places for those looking to make a real difference to some of the North Easts most vulnerable children by raising funds through sponsorship. The money you raise could pay for play and art therapy, befriending, group activities or simply the chance to talk.

Each participant will receive a free CHILDREN 1ST t-shirt and sponsorship form, along with help from us (not with your training, that's still down to you!). If you're interested drop me an email at lynsey.ingram@children1st.org.uk or give me a ring (during office hours :up:) at 01224 251151 and I'll be happy to send you a pack or answer any questions :)

If you're running this year and haven't decided on a charity yet, please consider running for CHILDREN 1ST. We have limited registered charity places for those looking to make a real difference to some of the North Easts most vulnerable children by raising funds through sponsorship. The money you raise could pay for play and art therapy, befriending, group activities or simply the chance to talk.

Each participant will receive a free CHILDREN 1ST t-shirt and sponsorship form, along with help from us (not with your training, that's still down to you!). If you're interested drop me an email at lynsey.ingram@children1st.org.uk or give me a ring (during office hours :up:) at 01224 251151 and I'll be happy to send you a pack or answer any questions :)

Or if you don't want to go to all the effort of running the damn thing, you could just sponsor me in aid of Children 1st...

Justgiving - Chris Officer's Fundraising Page

:up:

I'm doing the Balmoral 10k. First time doing a 10K and I've heard it's a tough one? I've only been running on the treadmill until tonight when I went out on the streets for the first time. It's a lot different and sorer on the lungs and legs. I'm smoking at the moment so should be fitter by Saturday :up:

I'm doing the Balmoral 10k. First time doing a 10K and I've heard it's a tough one?

Yes, the uphill section out towards the back in particular.

I'll be running it too, barring any last minute ankle niggles. Went and cycled up the Cairn O' Mount tonight, my legs are really feeling it.....

I've signed up for this 10k running malarky, since it'll make the post run pints at the Dana-nana-nayk-royd gig later a lot more tasty.

Does 5 aside football 5 nights a week count as training? Used to do x-country at a national level when I was at school, but that was 12 years ago now! As long as Aberdeen Council fill in those potholes my glass ankles will survive I guess...

I'll be running it too, barring any last minute ankle niggles. Went and cycled up the Cairn O' Mount tonight, my legs are really feeling it.....

I'll up the gradient on the treadmill on Thurs in my true olympian style preparation, exemplified by my run a lamp post/walk a lampost routine earlier tonight :up:

What time did you do it in last year? I'll be happy with under an hour with no stops!

How did you get on? I'm quite pleased I ran it in 54:25. Took it really easy up to and including the hill and then picked up the pace after the top. Not too painful until later that night when I got a migraine that I can only assume was exertion induced.

Got the bug, going to enter the Baker Hughes one if there's still places once I get paid.