aberdeen-music

Baker Hughes 10k run.

Scorge

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
i did a 10k last week at lunchtime although it was on a treadmill so it doesnt count!

Quite fancy doing one of these efforts at some point.

I would say that still counts. Running 10K is running 10K regardless of where you do it!

I've been doing 5 miles in just over 40 minutes. Did a 10K once about 5 years ago in 46 minutes and was well chuffed with myself. My aim this year is to try and better that, but to be honest, I'm not too hopeful.....

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Far more likely to be due to dehydration, unless you took on heaps of water pre/during/post run?

It could have been dehydration. I thought I was well watered but maybe not enough. Drank 2 pints in the morning, a bottle before running and 2 bottles after. Also stayed off the sauce for a week in preparation......

• 4 weeks later...

Oh bum. I've just realised that the run is this sunday...

I'll be boozing all day saturday in Inverness for the Caley game, but will have to make it back to Aberdeen early doors on the sunday now! If you see a drunk guy in a ICT top throwing up as he runs, that'll be me! :(

Well it's over. Got sore legs now but I'm pretty happy with how my run went. Ran a steady pace and didn't stop once. I've got my time at either bang on an hour or just under, so exactly what I was aiming for. Just need to get the official time later.

How'd everyone else get on?

Guest Tam o' Shantie

I did it in about an hour and ten. Not really used to this 'excercise' thing. I'm gonna keep practicng and do the one in stonehaven end o June

• 2 years later...