aberdeen-music

Call of Duty 4 Question..

WoodyRATM

that's due to the network problems not the host themselves. there's beena number of games where i've been the host and it's said host ended game when i did no such thing and my signal was still green. very annoying.

id say your wrong about that, no one knows whos the host, which is why this happens. Someone leaves who is the host, but they dont know their the host and that by leaving theyll end the game, it is annoying but it IS because the host left( the problem could be avoided by actually letting players know if their the host)

Apparently the latency benefits those that are closest to the main servers: US and Japan. It explains why you have been shooting away at a guy, he pops you with one bullet in the face and on his kill cam you have barely started looking at the guy as he picks you off. Also hear tell that a tracker ball is a far superior method of aiming and gaming. Cheating if you ask me. Although this is in no way an excuse for me being shoite and averaging 9 kills per game. Jnr ranks well into the double figures of kills in the same game on the same network... I'm just too old for gaming and should know my place.

*looks out old pong console and board games*

Apparently the latency benefits those that are closest to the main servers: US and Japan.

I'd imagine it benefits those closest to the host 360, not the servers which just host the matchmaking code. I've seen whole games slow to a crawl because the host had connection issues.

the host of the game will always have a slight advantage as your the only one not likely to lag. Most of the games have latencie in mind when the online multiplayers are made so the can account for it to a certain extent.

It's an amazing feat tho when you think that in a millisecond you can press a button on your xbox and almost instantly that information has been processed by the xbox, sent to america usual(i think thats where the main servers for halo are anyway), sent back to you, then processed again by your xbox and displayed on the screen. I think the only way there will ever get rid of lag is when we all have optiacal fibre internet.

I'd imagine it benefits those closest to the host 360, not the servers which just host the matchmaking code. I've seen whole games slow to a crawl because the host had connection issues.

Now I have heard that too.

Whatever it is it's annoying laying waste to a bad guy with an M60 then him popping you with a single shot of his silenced pistol and then what I imagine is standing over my body guffawing like a maniac at my rubbishness!o_O

Just a quick question.

While replaying a previous mission i collected 2 pieces of enemy intelligence and put my total up to 16.

This should have unlocked an achievement but i was a prize tit and had forgotten i had activated the clusterbomb cheat. (i just wanted to see the pretty explosions.)

As you may know you can't get achievements when cheats are active.

Am i completely fucked with regards to getting this achievement?

• 4 months later...