aberdeen-music

Silliest auction purchases

jester1470

This week I excelled myself by buying something that I think is extremely cool but very few other people share the enthusiasm ;)

2876_1.JPG

3e11_1.JPG

This is an original piece of Bagpuss artwork, sihned several times by the artists who created and annimated Bagpuss Peter Firmin.

It's an original storyboard from one of the books or annuals. Now trying to tarck down which one.

I think its very cool and it will get framed and get pride of place in my living room.

What else has anyone bought that you think is excellent but others dont quite undertsand, descriptions and pictures please.

Cheers

Stuart

I bought The Dukes Of Hazzard annuals from 1979 and 1983 for 4 each. I thought they were ace but a lot of people just sorta went "riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight".

5cf7_1.JPG

c64d_1.JPG

I sold the 1983 one again but I still have the 1979 one.

Nothing wronmg with that I wouldnt mind them, reminds me I must get aradio controlled General to go with my Kitt :p

Nothing wronmg with that I wouldnt mind them, reminds me I must get aradio controlled General to go with my Kitt :p

I spied a Dukes Of Hazzard scalextric set in an antique shop on Marischal Street once (which has since shut down), when I went in to buy it the next day it was sold :down: It was a damn good shop that. Speaking of which, another thing I recently purchased (although not off Ebay) was one of those big clunky typewriters with the arms like off of Murder She Wrote. It still works. I like pressing the keys. *thunk*. Heavy as fuck it is, big metal bastard of a thing. A bit like this:

istockphoto_3289121_antique_typewriter.jpg

Nope lol.

Just remembered that I also purchased a signed Dali lith print for about 400. That was another pished Ebay purchase. I love Dali's work but when it arrived I did think.. whoops.

Didnae know the auld Llama guy was artistic, is there no end to the guys talent?

400 samolians Hog, what were you thinking?

Here's an idea for a game: -

Set a budget (10-15), a start date and see who can buy the stupidest thing off The Bay within a week.

That sounds like a laugh. I seem to remember ages ago there was a really daft USA jacket being auctioned that someone on here bid for but didn't send the money. It was pretty damn awful and looked something like this...

stars_stripes_front.jpg

Only worse.