aberdeen-music

Firefox?

Bigsby

i like it because you customise everything on it pretty much..

Like you get to install "companions" - which is nice. eg i have a ebay thing that means i dont need to physically go to ebay to check stuff im bidding on/selling.

I've yet to actually see it crash...opened up IE 3 nights ago on my sisters laptop, 2 seconds in "Internet explorer has a problem and has to close" pah.

Another good thing with Firefox (no idea if IE have nicked this too mind) is you can have random links at the top (sorta like favourites but i think but on the browser itself), everythings just a click away pretty much (i have here, googlemail, banking, U-G and windows live)

The only thing I dislike is when you have to use IE to access certain pages.

My favourite thing about Firefox is the quick searches (tbh maybe you can do that on IE now, but I've never noticed it before) - it makes searching SO much quicker (though I waste the saved time by thinking up more sites to put quicksearches on).

The only thing I dislike is when you have to use IE to access certain pages.

My favourite thing about Firefox is the quick searches (tbh maybe you can do that on IE now, but I've never noticed it before) - it makes searching SO much quicker (though I waste the saved time by thinking up more sites to put quicksearches on).

I can't remember the last time that happened to me. Most pages are suitable for firefox these days.

Nae a fan myself.

I've tried it out and it just wasn't for me. I like the screen to be as clutter - free as possible with the least amount of buttons (everyone uses delete to go "back" nowadys, don't they, so why have a massive btton for this taking up screen space????) I just have the one smallest possible bar at the top in my IE 6. Tabbed browsing does nothing for me - when you open a new window it goes into a "tab" at the bottom of the screen that's hidden until I need it again - I don't need to be constantly reminded I've opened a new window.

You can get decent pop up blockers without using Firefox. My IE never crashes, but i think that's a PC specific thing.

The thing that gets me about Firefox is when the sneakily put in one of those "Install Firefox and use it as my default browser" ads when installing software. They are deliberatly chucked in at the end of installations when they think folk aren't paying attention to what they are clicking. Poor show. Nothing personal against them, I just think this is a cheap shot and it gets on my nerves when any company does this sort of thing.

It just isn't for me, but the best advice is give it a road test and if you decide it's no use, uninstall and stick with IE.

The thing that gets me about Firefox is when the sneakily put in one of those "Install Firefox and use it as my default browser" ads when installing software. They are deliberatly chucked in at the end of installations when they think folk aren't paying attention to what they are clicking. Poor show. Nothing personal against them, I just think this is a cheap shot and it gets on my nerves when any company does this sort of thing.

Exactly what happened to me. But I thought I would canvass opinion before getting rid of it.

i love it. and mine is as clutter free as possible, far more so than IE ever was. I also prefer using the tabs, and opening any link into a new tab is easy, using the middle mouse button (clicking the mouse wheel). Also got a fair few extensions, such as Adblock Plus, Download Helper (for downloading videos and music from YouTube, Myspace, google video etc), Wed-Developer toolbar, also have a feature to render a page using Internet Explorer's rendering engine but within firefox, perfect for checking web-sites im creating work in both.

The best thing about firefox is the Adblock Plus extension.

Totally agree here, it's such a life saver.

Firefox just makes sense to me. Skins you can give it can fit really well with your desktop design too. The spellchecker is handy as well.

I've had VERY few problems with firefox and I use it heavily. Problems with IE in the past are endless.

Firefox all the way.

Not the slightly crappy Clint Eastwood action movie, but the web browser. I installed it accidentally while updating Realplayer, and now I'm wondering if I should keep it.

Advantages over IE?

Slightly crappy? - you do, of course, mean "utter gash".

"Remember, think in Russian".

Firefox is pretty good - better security than IE

Eastwood's a legend, and I could never bring myself to admit that any of his films are utter gash, even though Firefox, City Heat and The Rookie probably do fall into that category.

...Tightrope, The Dead Pool, Bronco Billy, Absolute Power...and so forth.

He is a legend though and his good films far outweight the bad.

ps - Firefox is worth installing (keeping on topic)