aberdeen-music

[GIG] Johnny Foreigner + Think Fire Play @ The Tunnels

Guest idol_wild
Really looking forward to this now. Apparently the previous dates have been a bit under promoted, thus leading to a not so great turn out. I just hope it's not empty.

This one has been fucking AWFULLY promoted. Had I not visited their myspace to ask them to come up and play within the next few months I would not have known about this.

I would not have searched for the thread and therefore would not have posted. I haven't seen a single fucking poster or ad for it anywhere.

This one has been fucking AWFULLY promoted. Had I not visited their myspace to ask them to come up and play within the next few months I would not have known about this.

I would not have searched for the thread and therefore would not have posted. I haven't seen a single fucking poster or ad for it anywhere.

It's always the same! I went to a gig in Tunnels which had 12 people there... but in Moshulu where Foals were playing it was practically sold out. There needs to be more communcation and people looking at what's on where and whether they are similar or not. The gig I went to had no advertising except the posters in the Tunnels. The band I went to see - The Ads, had actually previously supported Foals...

It's frustrating when you go to a gig and you know the band could really put on a good show and no one knows about it. Or when you find out about it... It's already past!

It seems to be the thing these days and venues wonder why they're losing money left,right and centre. I know some outside promoters do balls jobs now and then but at least most of the time they try their best where possible cos otherwise it all comes out of their pocket.

If I hadn't looked at this site, I wouldn't have known about this gig til Bruce txt me this mornin askin if I'm goin. As it happens, the Falkirk replay is on tonight but come 1030 I could be wishin I'd went to this gig instead haha!

I often wonder what bands think when they come to Aberdeen and are faced with practically no crowd.

That sucks!

Johnny Foreigner sound good as well.

That happens everywhere though, it's not an Aberdeen thing.

Johnny Foreigner were ace as expected, Think Fire were horrific, seemed to think a lot of themselves too which didn't come across well. I'm not sure if the between-song-talk or the songs themselves were the worst part.

It's always the same! I went to a gig in Tunnels which had 12 people there... but in Moshulu where Foals were playing it was practically sold out. There needs to be more communcation and people looking at what's on where and whether they are similar or not. The gig I went to had no advertising except the posters in the Tunnels. The band I went to see - The Ads, had actually previously supported Foals...

It's frustrating when you go to a gig and you know the band could really put on a good show and no one knows about it. Or when you find out about it... It's already past!

It's a miracle that 12 folk would show up to see The Ads.