aberdeen-music

[GIG] Clockwork Promotions Presents: Meet Me In St. Louis + Blakfish @ Cafe Drummonds

Beth

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't stay for Blakfish but St Louis were fuckin ace! The songs worked really well as instrumentals I thought. And the off mic Shouting/Singing from the band worked really well.

Secta Rouge were also worth a mention. The varied styles of singing were amazing. The growling to the screaming to the Incubus meets System constant pouring of lyrics was immense. And not to mention that two part finger tapping guitar harmony. It was like watching Dream theater at times.

Great gig but poorly attended for a band like Meet Me In St. Louis. Hopefully it won't put them off coming back again. Hopefully they will have sorted their singer problem by then.

Meet me in St Louis were brilliant. After that everything is a blur. If only they had played I am champagne and you are shit...

nah nah nah... torso was severed needed to come on. we should have started an encore.

MMISL were fantastic, couldn have don with more singers in the crowd but still fantastic.

Black Fish were OK. For me they varied between the fairly good and the fairly pish far too often.Reminded me of Hot Mangu a bit, dont know why.

Anyone else notice that they had nicked some of MMISL riffs/ideas?

more singing was required. most of the good bits were sung though. if they were really tech they would have done it themselves....

some of blakfish's vocals were cool. but that was about as far as it got... it wasn't an endurance test, but not enjoyable.

Secta were good for the most part... only let down by leaning a bit too much towards what sounded very numetal.

katerwaul never dissappoint.