aberdeen-music

Most famousest person you've ever met.

Lemonade

I think Ripon is North Yorks. I've never been. Bradford is horrible, but Leeds is great, except on match days. or Saturdays in general. You didn't go on a Saturday, did you? There seems to be something about Saturdays that turns Leeds into the worst place on earth. If I ever needed to go shopping there, I'd always go at about half 8 in the morning, before all the greebos and moshers came out, populating the city with their despair and skateboards.

I went to a gig and had a night out in Bradford, it really was a proper shithole. I only ever really spent time in Leeds during the festivals but it just always felt dull, grey, dirty and downtrodden. And I'm from Aberdeen!

Yeah, Bradford isn't a nice place to be. There's an old anarchist punk venue there called the 1in12, which is brilliant. The whole city is nasty though. If you don't get caught in a drive by shooting, you're never too far away from a proper good curry, but that's about it. I once got spat on by some ned outside what was Virgin megastore. I turned around in a "right, that's it!" sort of manner, but there was about 6 of ther cunts. Legged it.

There was a rock club there called Rio's too, which was a dive, populated by the most horrible of shit showers. Just 17 year olds groping each other and taking drugs. Place needs nuking.

No, no. I'm from Dewsbury, i just follow a SoYo football team, because everyone at school supported Leeds and they were all cunts. No idea why we were in Halifax, being only a toddler at the time. Halifax is shite.

West Yorkshire. Best Yorkshire.

(couldn't agree more!)

Spies, my man, you are so right

Horrible Halifax IS ....f*cking shite

I lived in Keighley.... that was NO better

now out in the Shire.... where its colder & wetter

but do I have any regrets? ..... not me!

I'll always be a guy from old Otley !!

remember :

Eat all, drink all, pay nowt....

See all, Hear all, say nowt

and if ivver tha dus owt fer nowt....

allus do it fer thysen !

(Oh dear, I must have been one of those cunts then....I supported Leeds back in their heyday, BB, Giles, Lorimer, Grey, Madeley, Clarke et al.....(yea, I'm an old cunt)))

I really liked Leeds when I visited. To be fair, I went on a Wednesday afternoon and it was nice and quiet compared to how I imagine it would be on the weekend. York was really, really nice though. I'll tell you where I really liked in Yorkshire though, Ilkley.

Ilkley & Otley are mint..... really nice.... although Otley, where I grew up had some serious hard men....(thank god, I knew most of them)

West Yorkshire. Best Yorkshire.

Damn right. Leeds is great once you get outside of the grubby city centre. I miss the pubs, they have great pubs there.

When I was 10 I went on a family holiday to a b&b in Broadstairs, Kent. Staying at the same b&b was a 14 year old version of rio ferdinand and an 8 year old anton. I had breakfast with them. They seemed nice. They said they were les ferdinands cousin, at the time that seemed awesome enough on its own without them ending up famous.

Yeah, the City Centre isn't that great. It's got good shops, but it's not very nice on the eyes. A lot going on musically which is the biggest thing I miss. Lots of great pubs. My favourite is the Brudenell. Run by full-on inbreds. Pint of roller cola will set you back 40p. Addams Family pinball machine, and bands on every night, 99% of the time it will be moaned about by the owners (it's a load of noise!), but you've got to give credit to their persistance, as they just keep agreeing to putting on gigs. Superb.

When I was 10 I went on a family holiday to a b&b in Broadstairs, Kent. Staying at the same b&b was a 14 year old version of rio ferdinand and an 8 year old anton. I had breakfast with them. They seemed nice. They said they were les ferdinands cousin, at the time that seemed awesome enough on its own without them ending up famous.

Cool story bro.

...No seriously, that is a really cool story. I bet Rio was already 'mirkin' his bro, puttin stuff in his cheerios and that.

I don't think I've ever met a famous footballer. :down:

Cool story bro.

...No seriously, that is a really cool story. I bet Rio was already 'mirkin' his bro, puttin stuff in his cheerios and that.

I don't think I've ever met a famous footballer. :down:

I bet Rio was a parenting handful. Do you remember when he went through a phase of going "BRRRAP!" when he scored goals? Good grief. I bet the front end of his car can bounce higher than his house.

None of them even come close to Ryan Babel in the black culture stakes. Best footballing rapper since MC Barnes!

Ooh, ooh, ooh, that reminds me. I met Ryan Babel's father in the Algarve last year! Or at least I met a black Dutch man in Portugal who claimed to be Ryan Babel's father.....

He was a kinda rasta lookin dude.

That's a great lame to fame!

Another friend of mine used to be mates with Shola Ameobi's sister, the same person met Leezo Mazimbo of Newsround fame in Tenerife.

Those are like the two best things to ever happen to any one person. Wowzers.

A guy I used to live with's sister went out with Alan Smith for about 2 months earlier this year. That's all I've got, though.