aberdeen-music

Most famousest person you've ever met.

Lemonade

Met Prince Charles opening a sports centre once - primary school made us go. Apart from that, I've met Jordan twice years ago opening a strip club in Aberdeen and some random night she was in Pearl as well as getting my photo taken with Matt Wiman after he got Knockout of the Night at a UFC in London :)

I did also meet Cat Deeley at Gatwick when I was seventeen, about to leave on a family holiday, but my luggage (with my camera) was already away or I'd have grabbed some photographic evidence for my spank bank.

Oh yeah - Darren Mackie was at my prom (he's now married to a girl I was at primary school and academy with I think) and I met half the then Aberdeen team about seven years ago along with Willie Miller, Doug Rougvie and John Hewitt - I was in a play commisioned by AFC and they all turned up to the opening night as guests. Play was not bad, I had a bit part, but pretty much the whole main cast have been in Taggart at least once each, one of them was also in Still Game and another is in Touch of Frost and gets shit thrown on him in Trainspotting by Spud. Best bit was the opening night when we all got a bash at the free bar afterwards.

• 4 years later...

Thanks to Bigsby and Aberdeen Music.

On Thursday night I was at the Glasgow SECC to see Jerry Lee Lewis for the umpteenth time.  I have been going to his shows since 1962.

This was a special visit as I had traced a bracelet his cousin gave him back in in 1957. I think it went missing after the IRS cleared everything out of his house, including his pianos, and sold the contents as he was due the tax millions. 

I was delighted to be able to give him back this family bracelet that he had worn from 1957 until 1990. 

Normally I would just have handed it over but I took Matt into the dressing room with me and he filmed me returning the bracelet and he recorded some of our chat.

I only met Matt of The Malpaso Gang  through Aberdeen Music - so special thanks Neil and all the volunteers who help to keep this site running and extra special thanks to Matt for his excellent camera work that you can see in these two clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpNxbLhGePk

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDe7NoYJAWU

• Upvote 5

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, stoney_stu said:

James Grant  of Love & Money and solo singer songwriter fame played a wee gig at my house. 

I was at this gig! It was ace. Must have been about 12 years ago? Was there with my old man (who I believe must have been working with you at the time). STV cameras showed up I remember. 

• 1 month later...

Met Joey Dunlop and carl Fogarty at the TT back in '92. Met Richard Dunn, former heavyweight boxer who fought Muhammad Ali. Richard was working as a scaffolder on the oil rig I was on at the time. Met and played support for Mud Morganfield, Muddy Waters' oldest son, back in 2010.   

Edited by Trikelops
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's been ages since I posted here so why not :p

As I am a huge Dr Who fan, my current favourites are: Tom Baker, Sylveter McCoy, Jenna Louise Coleman, Pearl Mackie and Peter Capaldi.

I also have become good friends with Shane Rimmer, "Scott Tracey" from Thunderbirds and he turns up in pretty much everything ever.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/04/2016 at 1:39 PM, stoney_stu said:

James Grant  of Love & Money and solo singer songwriter fame played a wee gig at my house. 

On 11/04/2016 at 4:41 PM, ca_gere said:

I was at this gig! It was ace. Must have been about 12 years ago? Was there with my old man (who I believe must have been working with you at the time). STV cameras showed up I remember. 

BBC ... its on youtube somewhere ... who is your Dad ?

• 2 weeks later...