aberdeen-music

Artic Monkeys

timson

What did everyone think?

The first support band were alright, second were ........., and artic monkeys were good, I'm not a huge fan of them, do they always look so bored on stage?

I got soaked with beer and was right next to two fights involving groups of neds during the concert...nice!!!

thought arctic monkeys were brilliant although i got genuinely scared right down at the front for the first few songs. after several times ending up on my arse i moved back a bit and enjoyed it far more. they did look really bored, but i guess everytime ive seen them on tv they look the same. they are tight as fuck though and i thoroughly enjoyed myself.

I'm going tonight for the Horrors, really... :O Never used to like them, but just recently really got into them. What was the crowd like for them last night?

Was dreading the crowd for them, probably being arseholes to 'em, but have heard that the band quite enjoy that attention. Weirdos :p

Was there any onstage banter from the Monkeys?

Questions galore!

99% of the crowd were dicks.

I nearly got into two fights.

Arctic Monkeys were crap. No banter. They just stood there and played the songs like on record. You'd be better just listening to them at home. At least you can choose your company.

I used to like them, before their debut album was released.

I saw them the first time they played T in the Park and my thoughts were exactly like yours above. their performances barely differ from the studio recordings. There's no energy, creativity, banter etc. Compare that to someone like Ian Brown who came last week and gave plenty banter and even finished his set by combining the vocals of one song with the music of another.

the Arctic Monkeys demos were better. Their pals Milburn had very good demos as well. Appalling LP though.

ArticMonkeys

Yee I was Photographing the line up, well I missed the first support act due to the time it took for someone to confirm my pass,

I hope it was just beer as I heard someone saying it was something a little less tasty, why would someone throw away 7 quids worth of beer............

The addition of 'the Horrors' to this gig? A unique sound and I dont think the fans of the Artic Monkeys quite grasped their music, they chanted rubbish at the front,

Shame as they were a challenge to photograph.

First three songs of course for us photographers, yet another high stage, nasty disclaimer and nasty blue lights............its like nobody wants a photographer?

Still I got some nice pics, luck I think, useless though as they can't be used after 3 months?????

I got shots of the trouble but had to delete the images infront of security.......

Plenty of people getting pulled out of the crowd even a guy in a wheel chair.

That was just a Friday I have this feeling Sat will be an eventful night.

I know Faris and Rhys love creating an atmosphere and Rhys was doing nothing but antagonise things, but that was so uncomfortable to watch. I just felt so pissed off at people literally getting angry and five boys playing music. Poor Tom looked a bit terrified. And he got hit in the head by various things...

What was the whole deal with you getting started on? I didnt quite catch what you were saying

this guy was on top of his mates sholders in front of me so i asked him to get down. next thing i knew some guy punched me on the side of the face so turned around to get him got pulled back n was held for a while. the guy then decided to push my girlfriends face which made me slightly angree so punched him then his mates were all hitting me n i was holding my arms over my face then two very kind gentleman helped me by kicking two shades of shit outta all 4 of them.

just like to say if the guys who helped me outta that, are on here i`d thank you very much was very nice of you. :up:

this guy was on top of his mates sholders in front of me so i asked him to get down. next thing i knew some guy punched me on the side of the face so turned around to get him got pulled back n was held for a while. the guy then decided to push my girlfriends face which made me slightly angree so punched him then his mates were all hitting me n i was holding my arms over my face then two very kind gentleman helped me by kicking two shades of shit outta all 4 of them.

just like to say if the guys who helped me outta that, are on here i`d thank you very much was very nice of you. :up:

Fucking hell!

You and sarah okay?

Guest bluesxman

I ended up going along as a last minute thing to use tickets my mate’s missus had spare and for a night out.

The Horrors were quite admirable in their efforts to antagonise the crowd and persevere till the end of their set, but Christ they are a lot of pish. How one of them didn’t end up badly hurt by a flying coin I have no idea.

Arctic Monkeys were musically sound but my interest waned in the second half of their set, mainly because I haven’t even heard the second album as yet and so was unfamiliar with a lot of the songs, plus they were all starting to merge into each other.

I got nicely showered in beer several times even though I was quite far out to the side, it’s obviously become the thing to do for the more brain dead contingent. Too much beer getting lobbed on stage as well, Aberdeen will just end up getting a bad reputation for crowds and that’s ll be the end of that.

At one point I went to the toilet and met a procession of new arrivals entering the arena, it was like several generations of minky neds all arriving together.

You know that picture you see of the evolution of man where it’s an ape at one end that progressively gets more developed and upright until it becomes modern man? You could do a chart similar for the ages of the ned, except the evolutionary development would obviously been lacking.

Never witnessed any fights in the AECC, buit my other half did provide an amusing interlude when some drunk bint spilled drink all over her on the Exodus dancefloor without so much as an apology or even an acknlowledgement that she did it and so she hoyed her drink back over her shoulder all over the girl on her way past, superb.