aberdeen-music

Artic Monkeys

timson

I heard the place was full of cock-ends....shame...

Loads of fighting too...kinda expected that...Arctic Monkeys are ned magnets...

I the liked the Arctic Monkeys first album but im guessing from this thread the gig wasnt that good?

Sister in-law also got showered in 2 full pints...

8-)

I enjoyed the gig. Only problem was the amount of beer or piss getting thrown about.

I was standing right at the back left with my mates(we're old farts now) and we still got showered.

Loads of neds there, spoilt it a bit but thankfully the music was great.

Thing that hacks me off is that just as we start to get some decent bands coming to Aberdeen, they could easily not return due to the stupid twats throwing stuff on the stage.

Thus spoiling it for us.

Maybe i'm being fussy as i was driving............Just my opinion.

Did Arctic Monkeys acknowledge the Horrors and wanky crowds on Friday? They didn't on Saturday, but I've heard that on a few nights of the tour, Alex had said stuff like "D is for Dickheads...throwing stuff at the Horrors..."

and

"Did you enjoy the Rascals and the Horrors?"

"BOOOOOOOO!"

"Were you throwing ketchup at the Horrors?"

"YAAAAAAAAY!"

"Well then you're wankers then, aren't you?"

Woulda quite liked to have been with the neds at that point :D

I was at the Saturday gig, my girlfriend was at the Friday. She had a horrible time, she was down the friont getting knocked about and started on as a bunch of guys tried to grope her (thankfully one of my mates soon put them right) she said there was fights everywhere and guys covered in blood and generally being nuts. I went on Saturday and took up my usual spot up the back with a pint, agreed there was a lot of nutters about (you know the type, jeans and a trackie top zipped right up to the neck, stupid shaggy haircut) though I didn't see any trouble and nobody got in my face. Quite enjoyed the gig, really tight musically though they played too many new songs that nobody knows. I think they played all their well-know songs too early and blew their load too quick as it petered out a bit toward the end.

Thing that hacks me off is that just as we start to get some decent bands coming to Aberdeen, they could easily not return due to the stupid twats throwing stuff on the stage.

Thus spoiling it for us.

mmmm dunno about that, I went down to glasgow just this wednesday past for the Bloc Party concert, the second band's guitarist got soaked with beer and god knows how many glowsticks off his head. If the glasgow crowd are like that all the time then we;ve nothing to worry about

Sounds like a fairly mixed review then! Would the gig have been better without all the "brainless, its cool to be fighting, c**t neds"?

I wasn't there myself, but I did see them at Caird Hall last year in Dundee. Sounds like the Dundee folk were better behaved as there were no fights, not that I saw anyway.

Ned's do my nut in, how come ned's don't realise that tucked in tracky bottoms looked stupid as F**K.

Even if their tracksuits were worth 95 MIllion quid, they still look bloody awful

I wasn't there myself, but I did see them at Caird Hall last year in Dundee. Sounds like the Dundee folk were better behaved as there were no fights, not that I saw anyway.

wasn't just aberdeen folk at the gig tho lad, was heaps of weegies and dundonians think i even saw a guy in a newcastle top.