aberdeen-music

Pete Doherty

Lemonade

I'm sick of seeing his stupid pasty face, and I'm sick of listening to his mumbling, self-important, junkie pish. The sooner he takes an overdoses and dies, the better.

Easy tiger! He may not be your cup of tea, but there are certainly worse musical atrocities kicking about, James Blunt for example.

Easy tiger! He may not be your cup of tea, but there are certainly worse musical atrocities kicking about, James Blunt for example.

I guess the best solution is to have James Blunt brutally murder Doherty, then he'll get life - no more Blunt, no more Doherty - job's a good'un!

Merry Xmas :up:

Guest idol_wild
I'm sick of seeing his stupid pasty face, and I'm sick of listening to his mumbling, self-important, junkie pish. The sooner he takes an overdoses and dies, the better.

Do what I do: avoid reading tabloids and the NME.

I'm also sick of hearing about him, I think he's an alright musician but now I don't like the sound of his voice after hearing interviews of him speaking shit.

Wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't a junkie, I heard a while ago that he has a make-up artist to make him look fucked. Pseudo-libertine, lol.

Aye, in 2002. He's done fuck-all of any note since then, bar "Don't Look Back Into The Sun". He's officially passed from wasted talent to overrated waste of space.

hmm i would have been in almost complete agreeance before his new one. have you heard it? although i dont actually thinks its the best album of the year, its easily as good as Up the Bracket and gives me a bit of hope that he will be remembered for his music rather than his exploits, although thats still unlikely.

hmm i would have been in almost complete agreeance before his new one. have you heard it? although i dont actually thinks its the best album of the year, its easily as good as Up the Bracket and gives me a bit of hope that he will be remembered for his music rather than his exploits, although thats still unlikely.

No way. Up the Bracket was a fucking immense album I still absolutely love it. It showed so much potential and he's done nothing but be shit ever since.

On the other hand, Dirty Pretty Things pretty much rule, leading me to believe Carl Barat was the talent in the Libs anyway.

Do what I do: avoid reading tabloids and the NME.

I do avoid both of those things like the plague, however what I can't escape is his fanbase, mostly consisting of teenage girls these days, bleating on about how he's a legend and the most talented songwriter who ever lived. He's got Michael Jackson syndrome, people don't just like his music they go absolutely ape-shit crazy over him. Trying to rationally explain to one of these people that, no, actually he's a bit of a cunt is akin to having a conversation about dinosaurs with a creationist.

Aye, in 2002. He's done fuck-all of any note since then, bar "Don't Look Back Into The Sun". He's officially passed from wasted talent to overrated waste of space.

what utter shite.

So Gang of Gin, You Talk, Killamangiro, fuck Forever etc ain't great songs?

He's a genius or at least bloody clever considering the amount of A*'s he got at school.

His lyrics are also very deep and meaningful and I think he has a pretty good voice.

His songs actually have relevance in modern society. they examine a lot of important issues and they make witty observations of all things British.

Compare that with the majority of shit that clogs up mainstream British rock/indie. Eg Kaiser Chiefs, Arctic Monkeys etc.

No way. Up the Bracket was a fucking immense album I still absolutely love it. It showed so much potential and he's done nothing but be shit ever since.

On the other hand, Dirty Pretty Things pretty much rule, leading me to believe Carl Barat was the talent in the Libs anyway.

Dirty Pretty Things rule o_Oo_Oo_O ?

did I see that right?

The same Dirty Pretty Things who had next to no festival offers and released a very disappointing debut album? I'm a big Carl Barat fan but without Doherty his music seems pretty limited to be honest. A couple of tracks were quick and catchy but got boring very quickly. For me the highlight of the album was the raw energy in the 'You fucking Love it' intro :up:.

there's not a lot that rules about DPT though!

what utter shite.

He's a genius or at least bloody clever considering the amount of A*'s he got at school.

His lyrics are also very deep and meaningful and I think he has a pretty good voice.

His songs actually have relevance in modern society. they examine a lot of important issues and they make witty observations of all things British.

Compare that with the majority of shit that clogs up mainstream British rock/indie. Eg Kaiser Chiefs, Arctic Monkeys etc.

Sorry but that was just garbage in it's entirety. None of those songs are great songs, Killamangiro is a good songs, the others aren't especially Fuck Forever, which is total balls. Getting A's at school might make you intelligent but it doesn't make you a talented musician or lyricist. And I think his behaviour (robbing Carl's flat, dropping out of rehab, getting caught repeatedly with crack and heroin, injeting young girls at parties) and constant run ins with the law have proved that actually he's not that intelligent, but a bit of a dick.

And really, you don't think Arctic Monkeys make "witty observations on all things British"? Have you listened to their first album? It's all they do on it!

Guest idol_wild
what utter shite.

He is undoubtedly a fiercely intelligent man. He used to run a QPR fanzine actually, which is a little ditty that I always find amusing. But as snappy and witty as his lyrics may be, his songs are just re-hashed Jam tunes. I've literally never understood what the fuss was about at all.

But hey, different strokes and all that...

And I think his behaviour (robbing Carl's flat, dropping out of rehab, getting caught repeatedly with crack and heroin, injeting young girls at parties) and constant run ins with the law have proved that actually he's not that intelligent, but a bit of a dick.

You're absolutely sure you don't read tabloid newspapers?

Dirty Pretty Things rule o_Oo_Oo_O ?

did I see that right?

The same Dirty Pretty Things who had next to no festival offers and released a very disappointing debut album? I'm a big Carl Barat fan but without Doherty his music seems pretty limited to be honest. A couple of tracks were quick and catchy but got boring very quickly. For me the highlight of the album was the raw energy in the 'You fucking Love it' intro :up:.

there's not a lot that rules about DPT though!

I was really impressed with them. To me they took the route the LIbertines were on with Up The Bracket and carried it on, lots of energy perhaps without the shambolic madness of the Libs. I certainly prefer DPT to Babyshambles, but I would say neither are as good as The Libertines. They were one of my favourite bands, at least until the second album dropped, I was really disappointed in it.