aberdeen-music

Shed Seven - Do they Rock or Not

sross90

I loved Shed 7 when I was a young teen. I don't listen to them much now but I went last night mainly cos I'd never seen them before and they pretty enjoyable I thought. I was even going to buy a t-shirt but they didn't have my size. I did feel a little out of place with the crowd but I still had a good time. I think they have done some fantastic songs. Shame their not cool enough for most people on here.

(I also own a Menswear single "Stardust" which I like so perhaps my opinion is classified as void)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse the shamless plug but for those of you that do like Shed 7, this week's Sunday Showcase has an exlusive interview with Paul from the band. He talks about the future of the band, the current music scene and why NME is a bit shit.

Hear it between 6pm and 9pm on Original 106 Sunday 2nd December, and then on our podcast released the following Monday.

Why dont radio stations just have lots of interesting content to keep you listening?

Why do they always say, "we will give you the answer right after this......" and conceal 10 minutes of quality within a 3 hour show?

You always have to wait for the content, give us a time that its on so that I dont have to listen to the whole show.

He talks about the future of the band, the current music scene and why NME is a bit shit.

I'd guess the future of the band would be carrying on the nostalgia trip to late 20 and 30-something fans before eventually retiring to playing Butlins.

I'd love to hear his NME comments.... actually, I wouldn't - i think any sane person knows that it's shit. Caring that it's shit is a bit pointless though.

You always have to wait for the content, give us a time that its on so that I dont have to listen to the whole show.

No. Firstly, because I want you to listen to my whole, content filled brilliant show and secondly if the truth be told it's because I don't know what time I'm going to put the interview on yet.

You could always just wait for the podcast.

Guest bluesxman

I can't wait to get home from offshore and dig out my Shed Seven album.

Dave, I just thought it was strange to proclaim a love for Britpop as a whole genre and specify 2 bands you hated without specifying the ones you liked. I was just interested for comparison, but ultimately I don't care I suppose.:up:

Pulp, now there were some opportunists who tagged onto Britpop.....

Did S.M.A.S.H. do that I Wanna Kill Somebody song? They have an album in the One Up 2nd hand sale for about 50p, it's been there for years, he he.

Were Compulsion the ones with red hair who Jacknife Lee were in?

And Steven's right, PWEI were 'grebo' along with Gaye Bykers On Acid and um....The Wonder Stuff I think, for their first album....not a big genre, restricted to teh Birmingham area I think. Ozzy may be the original Grebo guru....

You sonofabitch! How about Britain's best kept secret until their most coherent and accessible albums coincided with a vapid scene which they stood head and shoulders above.

I have to agree, one of my fave memories is watching Pulp at Ingleston 1995, what a fuckin performance! Definetly one of the better bands in the 90's!

Not as good as Shed Seven mind!!!:D

Guest Steven Dedalus

And Steven's right, PWEI were 'grebo' along with Gaye Bykers On Acid and um....The Wonder Stuff I think, for their first album....not a big genre, restricted to teh Birmingham area I think. Ozzy may be the original Grebo guru....

And, of course, the two titans of the genre:

Carter USM

And

Ned's Atomic Dustbin.

My best friend over here has been growing a grebo fringe for the last three or four months. It's going to be amazing when it's finished!

The grebo revival starts here! (Belfast)

(Shame all the bands were terrible, but you can't win them all....)

Guest bluesxman

Carter USM

And

Ned's Atomic Dustbin.

My best friend over here has been growing a grebo fringe for the last three or four months. It's going to be amazing when it's finished!

Nah PWEI had a few good tunes! But who would have thought Clint Mansell would go on to make some pretty nifty soundtracks.

I never realised Carter were classed as grebo I thought that was before their time.....them and Neds must have been the New Wave Of Grebo!

Carter USM

And

Ned's Atomic Dustbin.

Sir, how dare you utter those words....N...n, can't, ...n.....nnnnoooooo

Neds Atomic Dustbin....

ha, ha.

Big influence on the Klaxons, thats what it sounds like anyway (graft on some synths and silver stuff, leave to stew in its own crapitude).

At least we are free of that period in music history now.

Guest Steven Dedalus
Sir, how dare you utter those words....N...n, can't, ...n.....nnnnoooooo

Neds Atomic Dustbin....

ha, ha.

Big influence on the Klaxons, thats what it sounds like anyway (graft on some synths and silver stuff, leave to stew in its own crapitude).

At least we are free of that period in music history now.

But NAD (as they may or may not have been known) had two bassists!

Imagine that! Two of them!

Let's all go to our respective music making device and play "Sherrif Fatman" by Carter USM and relive the old days.

Eh?

No?

Ok.