aberdeen-music

Approx. value of this guitar HELP PLEASE, THANKS

Edgar Graham

Alright, this is my guitar. I haven't played it in fucking ages and I want to sell it. It's a Fender Texas Special USA Strat. As far as I know the model is discontinued now and I'm pretty sure it's just a normal USA strat except with the Texas Special pick ups and a sparkly scratchplate (aaaaaaw). It's in perfect condition, made and bought in California.

Anyone have a rough idea of how much it's worth and does anyone want to buy it?

Thank you

Full.jpg

Body.jpg

Headstock.jpg

I would say 400 is a bit low, remember the Texas Special pups are an upgrade on what normally comes in Fenders.

If I was you I would stick it in Scot Ads (doesn't cost anything) for 600. If nobody bites then just keep readvertising with a lower price.

As ever, it's only worth what someone will pay. A quick search on ebay shows that US strats are going for between 400 and 450, this has better pickups and someone will pay a premium for the chance to play the guitar first - but only if they actually want it.

yeah i wasn't paying attention to the pick ups... i'll say about 450-500. i wouldn't think it would make 600 though. when i was looking for strats on ebay the ones i saw started at around 450 but didn't sell. i ended up getting a usa deluxe strat for 550, being the only bidder (it's also a special edition shiny colours one, with 'vintage' upgrade on the 'standard' scn pickups).

When I bought my Texas Special about 8 or 9 years ago the price of them was about 1200. I got mine for 900 because I knew a guy who owned a music shop. So, to me these things don't depreciate, unless they've been bad used. I'd be looking for more than just 500, as you say look at the price of a Mexican.

I got mine in California for considerably cheaper so I've chucked it in Scot Ads for 550. See what happens...