aberdeen-music

OLAFUR ARNALDS (iceland) @ PEACOCK VISUAL ARTS, MON 10TH DEC

Last night was fantastic

Herzog was pretty good,felt the visuals would have had more of an impact if the timing was worked on a bit more. I feel hes close to becoming something truly amazing .

I think everything about Olafur has been said.Prefered the songs with the drum samples.

Bought the EP,personally i think its better than the album.

Only downer was the merch being pretty expensive.

The last few weeks have been really good for gigs in Aberdeen, more plz!

The merch was far too expensive. That was really the only disappointment. I don't think it had anything to do with the ideland to Uk currency though, as they had a whole bunch of stuff from the label, and it was a similar price. 16 for a LP? Pfffft. Daylight robbery! Maybe if it was 180 gram, or a double LP, but for what it was, no way. And 30 for a hoodie? Eeek.

The merch was far too expensive. That was really the only disappointment. I don't think it had anything to do with the ideland to Uk currency though, as they had a whole bunch of stuff from the label, and it was a similar price. 16 for a LP? Pfffft. Daylight robbery! Maybe if it was 180 gram, or a double LP, but for what it was, no way. And 30 for a hoodie? Eeek.

I'd say that was the standard prices for merch at gigs. We're just not used to it at the independent gigs... Cd's are normally around the 8 mark. Personally I don't mind giving a little extra to a worthy cause. It's the big guns that charge too much in my opinion. Anyhoo, value for money I would say...

I spent the taking of Katerwaul CDs on Olafur's 2 CDs. Sorry guys but they are awesome... consider it research or something.

Dave did an awesome job on sound. Peacock has to be my favourite venue for this type of thing. I saw Audrey there last year and it was equally as amazing. Can we expect more of this anytime soon??

Guest batterypowpow

Thoroughly enjoyed it. The beats were a little iffy... majority of them were good but some felt a little... out of place perhaps? Or only present to add a little electronic to the songs with no genuine purpose. Still to actually listen to the EP i bought... 2 months before release... "Woo" haha

Oh, should say the venue was great as well. Very relaxed, comfortable, homely, pleasant.

Dave did an awesome job on sound. Peacock has to be my favourite venue for this type of thing. I saw Audrey there last year and it was equally as amazing. Can we expect more of this anytime soon??

we (imp) have been doing 'this' all year...

I think five shows there in the past twelve months - have you been to any?

Just listening to the ep I bought at the gig. Have listened to the album and have to say that the ep is way better and the album is great. Bit more production value helps I think... I really should put iit off as I am not getting enough work done for staring out thhe window lestening and day dreaming.

I keep seeing everything in slow motion when I play his music. It's rather fun , if that's a word that can be associated with the songs...

and spelling badly because I'm not concentrating