aberdeen-music

Dropkick Murphys @ Moshulu

kirkt

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Fricking Sweet! Mad Caddies and Dropkicks were totally awesome though Dropkicks could have played more off Sing it loud Sing it Proud! Only caught 1 song of the Briggs but they sounded really good too what did everyone else think?

mad caddies were ace, dropkicks were meh. all the songs sounded incredibly similar. maybe i'd have enjoyed it more if i actually had any dropkicks album. the only one i recognised was that one off the departed which was pretty good.

Can I ask those of you that were there for half seven what the timings were? We got there at about ten past eight, thinking that we'd just have missed Briggs at the worst :down:, but when we got there the Mad Caddies seemed to be halfway through their set! They must have fairly whizzed through the support bands, I was gutted to have missed any of the Mad Caddies.

I fucked up with the support bands as well. Doors 7.30 so I expected first band about 8, second support about 9, Dropkicks around 10. I really wanted to see the Mad Caddies cos I like em alot. However I got a message from one of my mates the other day saying the Caddies had pulled out and weren't playing. So I turned up at half 8 and just as I got in the door I heard "Thanks very much! We've been the Mad Caddies!". I got a little bit mad then.

Anyway the DKMs were pretty good though I didn't know a lot of their stuff cos I've only got one album. Kiss Me I'm Shitfaced at the end was ace. I did enjoy it but the sound was pretty bad up the back, it seemed to be a matter of being loud rather than sounding good. Decent gig tho.

Still can't believe I missed Mad Caddies.

Thoroughly enjoyed the Murphys even though the sound wasn't great, especially their version of "Johnny I Hardly Knew Ya". I arrived pretty much just as The Briggs were coming off stage which I was pretty pissed at as I really wanted to see them... not much of a ska fan though, so the Mad Caddies didn't really do it for me.