aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
TR!ΔNGL€ T€€TH

Trouser related deaths

Difficult to say as the ONS actually stopped issuing those kind of stats a few years back but yes, the last time they did - Trousers did come-out as surprisingly dangerous! :D

Think it was @2000-2002 when they stopped.

Think I do remember something about people cooking in their nighties or PJ's being the most lethal of all. About 5 times more likley than smoking.

On Saturday night I was told that more people die each year in trouser related mishaps than in plane crashes. Surely this is a load of bollocks??

Pun intended perchance?

It's less common nowadays, but in the 1930s, when young blades wore trousers with massive turn-ups there were a fair amount of deaths when cyclists thought it would be handy to keep their books in their turn-ups. Obviously this caused control problems, and a lot had accidents as a result.

At first the police blamed drink, but when they found out the truth it was a real turn-up for the books.

Then in the 70s a few folk died horribly of burns when they got their 'flares' confused.

As soon as I saw this thread I knew it was fertile ground for a Cynic pun fest.

Apparently in France trouser related deaths aren't just restricted to males - they also happen cullotes to women.

I think ALL women who wear trousers should be punished by death.....especially if they're wearing stone-washed denims.

Jeanocide I'd call it.

One for Bob Bouma.....did you hear about the Dutch slideguitarist who tripped over his bell-bottoms and 'broek' his back?

I'm going to complain to the mods about that statement, Bigsby...it breeches my human rights.

What about trouser-related plane crashes? Say they caused the pilot's foot to be stuck on the accelerator, when he should've been braking? Or maybe they caused the instrument panel to shorts circuit?

I can see how that would cause a real hipster amongst the aviation community.

Sorry, I scraped the bell-bottom of the barrel with that one.

What about cocks? Do you think more people die or lose their cocks each year? I personally have nearly lost mine in a trouser related injury.

Also you cant exclude vagina injuries too. If you've been round the block a few times surely that leaves you open to mishaps.......

What about cocks? Do you think more people die or lose their cocks each year? I personally have nearly lost mine in a trouser related injury.

Yeah, yeah. Do me a spaver.

can I stride on in here and seam to know what I am talking about?

If there is any prize money for puns mind...I think Alan should pocket it.