aberdeen-music

Atom's Maiden album of choice.....

Guest Scorge Spike

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Ben Quik:

go bollocks goldsworthy...it kicks fear of the darks ass...!

Yes, if it was a 'Which album makes Len want to bowk first' contest!

And no Ben, as much as I respect you, I will not be joining you in your chant of Hooks in You because if there ever was a reason for Adrian Smith and Bruce Dickinson to hang their heads in shame, aside from respective hairdo gaffs, it's that song.

Joe is a BIT right about Mother Russia though, good call sir. Still doesn't save the album from such acts of audio buggery as Public Enema Number One, Run Silent Run Deep and Tailgunner. Bruce sounds like a vibrator in a sand pit for the best part of the album and the lyrics are just plain awful.

I know that the album is close to Joe's heart because it was the album he got into Maiden through. As for Ben, well, I've given up hope of ever being able to look him in his metal eyes again.

And they seemed like such normal guys too......:rolleyes:

-Len

Guest Scorge Spike

Though far far from excellence, No Prayer isn't THAT bad an album. However, there's no buggering way I'd want to sit through such a patchy album just for Mother Russia at the end when much more full and complete albums are n the back catalogue. Shocking fact though: Scorge's most enjoyable piece of Maiden drumming is the first 50 seconds of The Assassin, even though the song goes a bit tits up after that.

Still think Seventh Son would be the best, if only just from Powerslave and NOTB......

Guest highroller

yeah well i love no prayer for the dying.....

it was janicks first album wasnt it??

first without adrian...i remember reading about adrian leaving and feeling pretty gutted....

haha my age gives me such power over the atom tykes....thye hate it when i say that i got into maiden when i was very young with teh powerslave album...

*walks out of forum smugly*

haha my age gives me such power over the atom tykes....thye hate it when i say that i got into maiden when i was very young with teh powerslave album...

You won't be so smug when I pop yer colostomy bag and you slip in a puddle of yer own wee you old bastard... hang on, you're on my side... you may pass unhindered. :)

len is defeated....so it shall be written...so it shall be done....

But like a sexy phoenix, I rise again!

James Taylor is far from dodgy! His unique brand of bittersweet folk rock has inspired a generation of singer - songwriters, myself included. He is the man. Just because he isn't blaring through a million watts of amplification doesn't make him lame. Some of the most powerful things are said quietly, you know. He has sold more records than Maiden and Black Atom COMBINED! You cannot deny his appeal. He has such classic tunes as Fire and Rain, Handyman and the under - appreciated Gorilla "He's got arms like legs, he's got hands on his feet, he's got a nose like a doughnut, he's got a tendency to over - eat.." It's funny because it's true. His only lame song was the appalling cover of Daytripper, but that was in the eighties, so he gets away with it.

James Taylor rules us all.

Regarding Prog, however, I don't have a leg to stand on....:dunce:

Originally posted by Len Atom:

Just because he isn't blaring through a million watts of amplification doesn't make him lame. Some of the most powerful things are said quietly, you know.

You don't need to tell me this!! You're talking to a dedicated proclaimers fan remember? I just don't like James Taylor, that's all...

Originally posted by New Found Power:

Come to think of it, I don't own any Maiden albums except for Dance of Death. Hmm...

that's because you got into metal 17 minutes ago :D

Don't try and hide those Savage Garden CD's Paul...I can see them from here.

Originally posted by Dan Atom:

that's because you got into metal 17 minutes ago :D

Christ, that was a bloody long 17 minutes.

Felt a hell of a lot more like 7 years.?(

And actually...I just remembered that I do own Brave New World and Best of the Beast (though maybe that's not a "proper" album).

That is to say, I own them, and have the boxes. I have no idea where the disks themselves are. Keeping Symphony of Destruction and CoC Live Volume company, I suppose...

Guest Bob Double Jack

Sorry, but No Prayer is a turd straight from Satan's bottom. I recently got a loan of it from my brother and couldn't listen past track 2. Tailgunner was bearable but GOD NO!!!!!!! to all the rest.

My 2p worth is that Powerslave is far and away their most consistent album, with Back in The Village being the weakest track, but all of sides 1 & 2 (for those can remember cassettes...) are phenomenal.

We still cover Powerslave (complete with 10 minute JD fuelled Drum solo after the middle section) and Rime of the Ancient Mariner.

But we didn't do the slow bit in the middle.

We can't afford a smoke machine nor a lowering lighting rig.

I even once fell off a four foot ledge in the Moorings doing the solo for Mariner on to my arse at a gig, and managed not to miss a note. All captured on video too. Brilliant.

But to reiterate my first point.

No Prayer for the Dying ----- NUL POINTS

Powerslave ------ hunners de points

Originally posted by Dan Atom:

Jeez, you guys are admitting this stuff?

we're meant to be a metal band... not a see-who-likes-to-admit-to-being-a-man-bummer band!

I'm glad my music taste has no blemmishes whatsoever. ;)

Apart from all that power-metal European shite ;) And the Emo :D Face it, Emo is written BY man-bummers FOR man-bummers.

Originally posted by Bob Double Jack:

But we didn't do the slow bit in the middle.

We can't afford a smoke machine nor a lowering lighting rig.

We've played the Trooper without a monitor to put your foot on... but it doesn't feel right :D

Well, I don't care, I still like No Prayer For the Dying. So ner ner nee ner ner.

Guest Scorge Spike
Originally posted by Dechristianise:

Holy Smoke

NO ONE CAN FORGET THAT

I keep trying. :D

All that age and supposed wisdom, yet you actually 'love' No Prayer For The Dying? Good god.......

Originally posted by Joe Atom:

Apart from all that power-metal European shite

Now that's just plain nasty......:nono:

Anyway, Taiwan to do Powerslave? It's getting pretty tempting....

Originally posted by Scorge McBrain:

I keep trying. :D

All that age and supposed wisdom, yet you actually 'love' No Prayer For The Dying? Good god.......

Now that's just plain nasty......:nono:

Anyway, Taiwan to do Powerslave? It's getting pretty tempting....

awww come on its more cheese than helloween and stratovarius combined and nothing wrong with that at alll !!!!

LOVE IT !!!:cheers:

Originally posted by Joe Atom:

Apart from all that power-metal European shite ;) And the Emo :D Face it, Emo is written BY man-bummers FOR man-bummers.

Indeed that is true about emo.

But then again the ONLY vaguely emo album I own is funeral for a friend... who are MASSIVELY inspired by Iron Maiden anyway.

And European power metal? Guilty.

Though I don't have too much of that cos a lot of it shite. A little Helloween here, a bit of Nightwish there... but at least it is all inspired from Maiden.

Infact Maiden were the first power metal band... ;)

Guest highroller

power metal....come on...get some Gamma Ray in your life...

Helloween suck balls...anyband that put out an album like "chameleon" deserves to die....