aberdeen-music

Atom's Maiden album of choice.....

Guest Scorge Spike

I found Helloween too cheesy.

As for Iced Earth, is the Glorius Burden better than Horror Show? I was disappointed after buying Horror Show because it only had a few good tracks (Wolf, Transylvania (excellent cover!)). Days Of Purgatory is a brilliant compilation

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Mouse:

I found Helloween too cheesy.

As for Iced Earth, is the Glorius Burden better than Horror Show? I was disappointed after buying Horror Show because it only had a few good tracks (Wolf, Transylvania (excellent cover!)). Days Of Purgatory is a brilliant compilation

Compared to Something Wicked, The Dark Saga and the Glorious Burden, Horror Show's not that great.

Originally posted by Joe Atom:

I think the key here is that there is a difference between doing something well and overdoing something. Iron Maiden fall on the right side of that line, Nightwish, however, definitely fall on the wrong side ;)

Now you've done it... you just can't get away with bad mouthing Nightwish like that - pure and simple, it is blasphemous.

May you die a horrible death - and at you're funeral I will play the entire Nightwish backcatalogue!

Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys pt2 is ACE!! Sure, they may have a LOAD of shite albums out, but that one album alone saves them!

Gamma Ray, yes indeed, are ace.

Hammerfall, are even better - better than all except Iron Maiden! You cannot deny the pure rawk of their songs - no matter what Hardcore Erskine says!

Funeral for a Friend = Emo.

Notice the full stop, that means the funeral for a friend, are simply, emo. And that is all! They can be "Maiden" inspired all they like, but i noticed on my brother's poster that the guitarist with a beard wears the t-shirt to ....

... The Angel and the Gambler. Well done! You are a fan of Iron Maiden, but you wear the t-shirt to one of their worst songs EVER and definately their worst single.

*clap clap* *applause* , etc.

Now back on track, Maiden Taiwan - World Slavery Night feat. the whole Powerslave album?? When will it be!!!!!!!??

Originally posted by Doc Murray:

Notice the full stop, that means the funeral for a friend, are simply, emo. And that is all! They can be "Maiden" inspired all they like, but i noticed on my brother's poster that the guitarist with a beard wears the t-shirt to ....

... The Angel and the Gambler. Well done! You are a fan of Iron Maiden, but you wear the t-shirt to one of their worst songs EVER and definately their worst single.

I agree :cheers:

Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys pt2 is ACE!! Sure, they may have a LOAD of shite albums out, but that one album alone saves them!

I bought that album on vinyl fucking YEARS ago!

And it is a great album.

Funeral for a Friend = Emo.

Find the song 10 Scene points for the winner by said band. Listen to it.

Tell me again you think that they are just emo.

That songs sounds more like In Flames than you guys' perception of emo...

Guest Scorge Spike

Firstly I'd like to clear up the FFAF debacle - they are not 'emo', whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean. They're 'pish'. :D

As for Helloween, I go with the Doc hypothesis that Keeper Of The Seven Keys is their best album. But there aren't many more.

On the topic - Is it just Ben who agrees with me on 7th Son? Much as I like the World Slavery Night idea, 'Seventh San Of A Seventh San' sounds far better........:band:

Originally posted by Dan Atom:

Find the song 10 Scene points for the winner by said band. Listen to it.

Tell me again you think that they are just emo.

That songs sounds more like In Flames than you guys' perception of emo...

I have heard it, my brother said "Ok you think they are gay emo, listen to this song."

So I did... and it SUCKED even more than the others!!

So yes, they are still turdular.

And also In Flames are dumpsters too!

Originally posted by Scorge McBrain:

Firstly I'd like to clear up the FFAF debacle - they are not 'emo', whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean. They're 'pish'. :D

As for Helloween, I go with the Doc hypothesis that Keeper Of The Seven Keys is their best album. But there aren't many more.

On the topic - Is it just Ben who agrees with me on 7th Son? Much as I like the World Slavery Night idea, 'Seventh San Of A Seventh San' sounds far better........:band:

Good call ov 7th, so long as the eponimous track gets played at the end again as an encore!!

Still Slavery wins out for me, probably because we are missed a synth man for 7th son! :p

My bad on the Angel & the Gambler T-shirt, saw it from afar and assumed....either way - its not the Live After Death shirt is it!!

I don't even know what "emo" is meant to be - or if FF4F are emo. I dont even know what they are for sure, all I know is they are indeed, as Scorge so expertly put it ... "Pish".

May I add "Utter" to precede Scorgie's contribution also? Yes I may.

"Utter Pish".

So...back to the maiden albums then!!!

And also In Flames are dumpsters too!

?(

Are you mental??!?!? I think you need to widen your horizons just a touch... it seems to me that you can't listen to anything unless the band are big muscly, toga wearing cheddar-queens who probably kiss each other with tongues. Charging into battle with their powerlances held aloft?!?! Slightly dubious, no?

P.S. $$$ Did you enjoy Blaze?? $$$ :angel:

Originally posted by Mac Atom:

?(

Are you mental??!?!? I think you need to widen your horizons just a touch... it seems to me that you can't listen to anything unless the band are big muscly, toga wearing cheddar-queens who probably kiss each other with tongues. Charging into battle with their powerlances held aloft?!?! Slightly dubious, no?

P.S. $$$ Did you enjoy Blaze?? $$$ :angel:

Exsqueeze me!?? I think not... just because I don't like In Flames doesn't mean that I only like edam-metal!

I'l try think up a list...

Maiden

Blaze (yes i like them! :swearing: )

Hammerfall

Rhapsody

Luca Turilli

Gamma Ray

Helloween

Blind Guardian <- attemps to call this cheese will be met with a kick to the ball sack.

Lost Horizon

Sonata Arctica

Stratovarius

Some Children of Bodom stuff

Megadeth

Metallica's first 4 albums

Slayer

Nightwish

Edguy

DragonForce

Symphony X

Iced Earth

can't think of anymore right now but that is plenty diverse for me thanks!