aberdeen-music

The Casio Vl-Tone Thread

Mouse

Ah' date=' music to my 80s ears...

[url']http://www.vintagesynth.org/audio/vl1.ram

By the way Mr Cynic, are you using any of these classic beasts in your set tonight?

Unfortunately no.....but I'm using a kazoo on a couple of songs to replace Philip who is unfortunately otherwise engaged, so I've been kazooing round the flat, much to the consternation of the woodlice.

Kitchen Cynics..........woodlouse worrier (or slater shocker if you're local)...............

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A bit late with this.....I DID use the Casio at the Schwervon/Vermont gig, with marginally more success than the time before. I used Ghost's favourite bossa-nova rhythm, and played the chord buttons in between strums of the guitar. Then I took a casio-solo in the middle, playing the keys. Was it crap?........Yes!! Was it fun?......for me, yes, for the audience probably not.

The Casio has gone back into retirement, and I'm keen to try out my new toy sometime..it's a bowed Psaltery (15 from the Attic shop).

A bit late with this.....I DID use the Casio at the Schwervon/Vermont gig' date=' with marginally more success than the time before. I used Ghost's favourite bossa-nova rhythm, and played the chord buttons in between strums of the guitar. Then I took a casio-solo in the middle, playing the keys. Was it crap?........Yes!! Was it fun?......for me, yes, for the audience probably not.

The Casio has gone back into retirement, and I'm keen to try out my new toy sometime..it's a bowed Psaltery (15 from the Attic shop).[/quote']

Good to hear it went well! I still think we need to form a Casio Orchestra....

No baby news yet, mere days to go though...

PS: What's a psaltery? And where's the Attic shop?

Cheers, Ghost. I'm looking forward to seeing you using some baby samples (recorded at c.3a.m. sometime soon :up: ).

The psaltery is a triangular shaped zither-like instrument, played with a bow. A friend of mine uses a US version called a Ukelin in his band (PG Six).

The Attic is in the Adelphi...at the bottom end on the right-hand side.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I used to have one' date=' and used it on early recordings, but gave it away yonks ago, dammit! I recently got a Casio PT-20 in a charity shop.....it's ok, but not the same.

I DO have 2 stylophones, though, and might use one live sometime.[/quote']

Was the Casio PT 20 the one in the window in one of the union street shops? If so then off to single mothers hell with you.

Woah, this is old. Nevermind