aberdeen-music

The Casio Vl-Tone Thread

Mouse

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought one new for about 24 in 1982,a band had a hit record with a Casio VL Tone,but they cleverly changed the standard tune it played a wee bit,the record was called Da Da Da or similar, and came out in 1981 or 2.You could programme in different attack and delay times and make great cheap and shitty sci fi noises.

I fancy a theramin though,I saw Man or Astroman use one in The Lemon Tree to great effect,with Dod Copland playing it with his tounge.

I wasn't even alive in '82! I downloaded Da Da Da last year, totally sweet!

We should petition to Casio to make a new Vl-Tone. The old ones have brilliant features, certainly to me the stuff they have is still great for a little keyboard now. Think what they could do with todays technology!

On the subject of Casios, here's the beastly WK-3500 (it only costs 340!).....

wk3500.JPG

0008595_03_lrg.jpg

I want a stylophone... Stripey is going to show me how to modify them so I have really fucked up inputs... and yes...

If I told you more... I'd have to kill you.

Originally posted by Alan Cynic:

No, it's the same size but has next to no features (no echo etc), so I think it's probably either earlier or cheaper than the Vl-tone. You can program it to play notes and chords just by pressing one button though, which is fine by me.

One button play... yep, the VL-Tone has that too. So are you going to play that with your foot as you strum the guitar? Sounds interesting...

Hey, Ghost!!....after Emmerdale finished I tried again with my socks off, and if I attack the PT-20 from the top (ie turn it upside down, I can do it!!!

So I'll give it a go at the next Audio Dropouts night (last Friday of the month). Did you see Miriam of Black Forest/Black Sea playing the omnichord with her feet whilst she bowed her cello?

Cool!!!!

i will hopefully get out to thainstone sometime soon to go hunting for some small keyboardy devices, hopefully get a few so i can keep one or two normal, and circuit bend any others for some cool noises

i also found one of those kids electronics kits, which has 'pencil music' in it, so i am contemplationg making a funky version of that, it will basically have a knob to change the pitch of the note instead of using pencil lead and two probes. i may use two knobs, then a switch between them so you could rapidly flick between two different notes

pointless, but amusing

David