aberdeen-music

Busted turn emo!?

Camie

Camie - please tell me you are taking the piss? Air hostes, pop punk / emo, " i messed my pants when we flew over France", yeah deep lyrics, very emotional. Listen to the starting line for what genre you are on about.

There is no denying it that Busted are pop, however they are awesome at it. Matt and James were actually mates before they got signed and they wrote songs before the got signed. They then put an advert in NME to find someone and they got Charlie. You can see that Charlie really doesn't enjoy playing with them anymore as he is a huge rock fan, he is obviosuly in Biffy Clyro, Deftones after seeing him with the t-shirts on and I've also seen him wearing a taking back sunday and victory record t-shirt. He supposedly wants to leave and do the music he and his brother are doing which is supposedly very good. However he'll never get any recognition from the rock world unless he has written some awesome tunes.

I don't really understand why people say they are trying to be pop punk / emo, when the clearly state they are a pop band. I remember at the Brit awards all they said was we only want to win best pop act as that is what we are, pop with other influences. simple.

Just stop.

Dum Dums boy is indeed in Clarksville - essentially a bloke's solo project with a band behind him. Dum Dums boy is his brother.

I have seen Fightstar. It wasn't awfully pretty but it was only their third gig. They played 'Hurt'. I took photos:

http://www.geocities.com/adienunn/3/fightstar0204.htm

Charlie's older brother is in a pretty good band called Brigade. www.brigaderock.com

And his younger brother has started a band called Prego, who I don't think have a website.

Oooooooh I'm fountain of Busted knowledge, I am.

Originally posted by Millhouse:

By the way does anyone else hate toadi's cousin? rubbish

What a little, nippy fucker. Lynn Scully, that Serena girl and him should just die in some sort of horrific accident. Susan Kennedy can go too. And Jack. Actually fuck it, there should be a storyline written that features some sort of massacre. Problem solved.

Originally posted by KarmaTsunami:

Charlie is in a band called Fightstar, and digs areogramme/biffy clyro as being favourites.

and ffaf too....

yeh heard he was in another band should check them out sometime hmm.

and i quite like "Air hostess" :O heh i know its bad.......

With regards to busted, well said Murray. The Dum Dums were fantastic and piss over busted from a great height. I also saw them at T in the Park a few years back, its a crying shame they never went stellar. Oh, and Todies cousin is doing my head in also.

Originally posted by Murray:

Camie - please tell me you are taking the piss? Air hostes, pop punk / emo, " i messed my pants when we flew over France", yeah deep lyrics, very emotional. Listen to the starting line for what genre you are on about.

There is no denying it that Busted are pop, however they are awesome at it. Matt and James were actually mates before they got signed and they wrote songs before the got signed. They then put an advert in NME to find someone and they got Charlie. You can see that Charlie really doesn't enjoy playing with them anymore as he is a huge rock fan, he is obviosuly in Biffy Clyro, Deftones after seeing him with the t-shirts on and I've also seen him wearing a taking back sunday and victory record t-shirt. He supposedly wants to leave and do the music he and his brother are doing which is supposedly very good. However he'll never get any recognition from the rock world unless he has written some awesome tunes.

I don't really understand why people say they are trying to be pop punk / emo, when the clearly state they are a pop band. I remember at the Brit awards all they said was we only want to win best pop act as that is what we are, pop with other influences. simple.

Just stop.

[shags murray for quality of comeback]