aberdeen-music

Limp Bizkit.

Lemonade

Remember back in the early '00s when they were like the biggest band in the world?

How the hell did that happen?

(I'm listening to the Chocolate Starfish album now, and it's significantly more shit than it was when I last listened to it back in about 2001. Still it's bringing back ace memories of beanie hats, wallet chains and skateboarding :popcorn: )

Yeah he was, it got a bit boring reading Fred Durst saying "this guys a c*nt, that band are shit" etc and calling people out for fights. Apparently he was also accused of using "mafia tactics" in the music industry (see Wiki). Still, at least he got his comeuppance when everybody realised he's a tosser and stopped buying his CDs.

I've never actually heard the first album (Three Dollar Bill?), only Significant Other and Chocolate Starfish. Is it worth picking up in a Fopp fiver sale, or would it just be a waste of a fiver?

I've never actually heard the first album (Three Dollar Bill?), only Significant Other and Chocolate Starfish. Is it worth picking up in a Fopp fiver sale, or would it just be a waste of a fiver?

I say yes. Every now and then it comes on my mp3 player and I get surprised by how good it is.

Guest bluesxman
Yeah he was, it got a bit boring reading Fred Durst saying "this guys a c*nt, that band are shit" etc and calling people out for fights. Apparently he was also accused of using "mafia tactics" in the music industry (see Wiki). Still, at least he got his comeuppance when everybody realised he's a tosser and stopped buying his CDs.

I'll sell you it for 3 quid :gringo: It has a cover of George Michaels Faith on it which is worth that for novelty value alone.

I'll sell you it for 3 quid :gringo: It has a cover of George Michaels Faith on it which is worth that for novelty value alone.

I hear the serial tackle-flasher is planning to return the favour with a cover of "Break Stuff" on his next album.

Actually I just made that up. But it would be great.

Don't forget all those kids hanging outside Elementz!

Aren't they still there? I used to hate going in there. I went in just to buy hats and I always felt like I was getting looked down on because I wasn't wearing 'sk8r' clothes, and the staff would just stand and look at me and not offer any help. Not a very welcoming place.

(adopt Tubbs voice) "This is a skateboarding shop for skateboarding people!"

aye wes owned that band as far as im concerned.

First album is still amazing even if the rest were never quite as good. Although i do have a soft spot for the last 4-5 traks on chocolate startfish.

I have to admit having a soft spot for Chocolate Starfish, but they're not a band to take too seriously.

I mean come on, they have a song that features the line:

" If I say fuck two more times that's 26 fucks in this fucked up rhyme."

I have to admit having a soft spot for Chocolate Starfish, but they're not a band to take too seriously.

Plus, lets think about this for a second: they actually named an album "Chocolate Starfish".

Kiss my startfish, my chocolate starfish, punk!

I believe it is actually "46 fucks"... ;)

I predicted a while back that Limp Bizkit will definitely be cool again in the next five years.

I listened to both significant other and chocolate starfish the other day, and surprisingly enough, enjoyed a large amount of both of them.

Aren't they still there? I used to hate going in there. I went in just to buy hats and I always felt like I was getting looked down on because I wasn't wearing 'sk8r' clothes, and the staff would just stand and look at me and not offer any help. Not a very welcoming place.

(adopt Tubbs voice) "This is a skateboarding shop for skateboarding people!"

Im not sure, Elementz has moved to Union St and iv never been in. Yeah i didn't really like going in there.

I believe it is actually "46 fucks"... ;)

I predicted a while back that Limp Bizkit will definitely be cool again in the next five years.

I listened to both significant other and chocolate starfish the other day, and surprisingly enough, enjoyed a large amount of both of them.

Look who the bigger fan is ;)

Never really been a fan of Significant Other and agree with everyone with 3 Dollar Bill being the best. Really like the riffs on that album.