aberdeen-music

Football Manager 2007

Lemonade

How about a thread for us all Champ-geeks out there?

Post your tips on formations, best youngsters, star strikers etc. plus bore us all with all your trophies.

A few youngsters I've found from playing who become world class: (they all need a few years before they are ready for first team though)

Sultan Cem (Galatasaray) - only 15 at the start of the game, but sign him as soon as he turns pro. By age 20 he'll be the Premiership top scorer.

Giovanni Torre (Portsmouth) - only 17, stick him out on loan for a few seasons, he'll score bagfuls of goals and come back and bang them in in the Premiership.

Richard Stearman (Leicester) - becomes a rock at the back for any mid-table premiership side.

Kenneth Stenild - A young Danish keeper who becomes world class

Micah Richards (Man City) - becomes one of the best defenders in the game, but he's prone to mistakes in his first couple of seasons

Victor Anichebe (Everton) - becomes a good striker for any mid table prem team.

Ben Sahar (Chelsea) becomes a goal machine.

And if you need top players and have a bit of cash to spend:

David Trezuguet (Juventus) - you'll pay top dollar for him but he is unstoppable

Michael Ballack (Chelsea) - has 20 for free kicks, pens and corners. 20 goals a season from defensive midfield says it all.

Tim Cahill (Everton) - Play him behind the front to in AMC for full effect

Luca Toni - (Fiorentina I think) - Total goal machine.

Lee Chun Soo - Looks shit stat-wise, but great at free kicks and down the left wing.

Pedro mendes - Very dependale DMC

Manuel Fernandes - a younger version of Pedro Mendes.

Also worth a look for the future:

Sherman Cardenas

Nilmar

Daniel Sturridge

Scott Sinclair

Allessandro Tuia

Libis Arenas (lazio keeper)

Yohann Gourcuff (Milan)

Vincent Kompany

Niclas Millian (Colo Colo)

I've played four seasons with Portsmouth, picked up 1 FA Cup, 1 League cup and 1 UEFA cup.

Just mid way my second season with Chelsea, picked up 1 league, 1 FA Cup, 1 Champions league, 2 Charity Sheilds and a World Club Cup. I rotated Toni, Trezeguet, Drogba and Shevchenko up front last season, plus rotated Cahill and Lampard in AMC, with Ballack in DMC as captain, absolutely creamed everybody in my path.

Happy champing.

B.E.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started as Dons Manager and into my 3rd season now, I've won a League Cup and proppelled the Dons into 2nd spot. But I started with a 55k budget in the first season and spent it all on youth players who are coming through to the top squad in my current season.

Good Youth Players:

Chris Maguire - Aberdeen, will be worth 3m before he's 19 and scores his fair share of goals.

Dong Fangzho - Man Utd Reserves, you can grab him on a Bosman and he scores a few, will be worth 3m in his first season, good option to sell him off early and raise capital.

Rocco Quinn - Good solid performer, gets better with age.

Mon 'e Dons!

I have just finished my first season witht he dons and won the league and league cup double.

Signed a few great youngsters and some good loan moves which propelled me up the table. Craig Brewster and Lee Miller were scoring for fun (so not very realistic).

Have now signed about 15 players going into season 2 so my squad is too big and need to start selling.

Will post up good players when I get home.

Best player I ever bought was Eddie Johnson (an American striker).

Signed him when i was in the championship, had him in my first team for 6 years now and he has never averaged less than 25 league goals and 20 assists. Got him for 900,000. He is now worth 9million. No way im selling him though. Goal machine.

Oh yea, he got me promotion, as i was playing as leeds and had nae money. Now Leeds have won every major cup twice. :up:

playing it with the latest patch and it has sorted out the bugs. i'm loving 2007 the best yet i think.

playing online with jester, i'm rangers and he's celtic - had a good first season but not so good second season where i won nothing. previously we played hearts and hibs (i was hearts) took them to 3rd in the SPL and got to the final of the UEFA Cup beating hertha berlin, west ham, parma and AC Milan en route!

just taken cambridge into league 2 via the play offs with my second stab at them (first was six season of pretty much feck all apart from a losing appearence in the final of the FA Trophy), beat halifax in the play off final with a 90th min goal - sweet!

other games i have on the go...

took NEC Breda into europe before taking the deportivo la coruna job and getting sacked after half a season, currently boss of espanyol!

won the UEFA cup twice with newcastle before being offered the liverpool job and won the UEFA cup with them.

was offered the watford job when boss of cambridge so i took it and saved it, naturally struggling against relegation from the premiership!

yeah loving it!

found a few great players

Okaka (roma) italian/nigerian came on actually against man u the other night, becomes one of the best target men in the game average season for me is, 25 assists, 30 goals, play him as a target man, with ball to head supply.

Bojan (barcelona) another great striker you should buy first season plays great with okaka :)

Schmoller (some youg brazilian) plays center back or defensive midfield definately swoop for him in the second season after he becomes 18.

Ziegler (man u) german keeper who becomes as solid as you like.

Bale (southhampton) left back everyone was raving about, a solid left back who gets a good amount of asists.

there is a very young brazilian midfielder who starts at barcelone as well but i cant remember if its redondo or something like that, he is 14 or something i think but he becomes amazing when he hits 18-20.

There are a heap more ive found but ill need to fire up the old champ to remember the names.

Chelsea fans are celebrating back to back leagues, back to back FA cups and back to back champions leagues with Brother Elwood at the helm!

If you can get your hands on Sherman Cardenas (17 y/o Columbian right winger), snap him up as quick as you can, he's a fucking legend.

the job might be going for real soon - you should put in an application brother! :up:

Guest idol_wild
Best player I ever bought was Eddie Johnson (an American striker).

Awesome FM player. Especially when deployed as a target man. He's amazing in the air, good finisher, and extremely fast. Near perfect.

I'm currently 6th in the Championship with my plucky York City side. I have won the league every season so far (thus I'm in my fourth). I still have no money of note to spend, and my board sell my good players if good enough offers come in.

I'm pretty sure I'll make the Premiership next season though.

i got cambridge promoted to league 2 and subsequently relegated back to the conference at the first attempt (went a whacking 18 games without a win and sealed me fate with 4 games to go!!!) then i thought the conference would be a breeze and almost got them relegated again!!!! was lucky to keep me job! so bored with the hustle and bustle of the lower leagues decided to reload an old game where i was watford in the premiership - got them relegated and the fans/board are none too happy with me (even though i was expected to battle bravely against relegation!!!) hopeful i can get them back up at the first attempt and looking forward to playing in the championship, have a decent enough squad....

robert earnshaw proved to be a complete waste of 4 million quid - 2 goals (one of them was against doncaster rovers in the cup!) in 20 appearences???? pathetic!

Guest idol_wild

robert earnshaw proved to be a complete waste of 4 million quid - 2 goals (one of them was against doncaster rovers in the cup!) in 20 appearences???? pathetic!

As stated; I'm in my fourth season. Just entered the January transfer window and I've managed to snap up Earnshaw for free. So far? 3 goals in 2 games.

But then, my tactics focus heavily upon a tall target man and a small, pacey striker alongside him. My target man has something like 17 goals in 22 games.

As stated; I'm in my fourth season. Just entered the January transfer window and I've managed to snap up Earnshaw for free. So far? 3 goals in 2 games.

But then, my tactics focus heavily upon a tall target man and a small, pacey striker alongside him. My target man has something like 17 goals in 22 games.

to be fair he has set up a few and looks pacey but just hasnt been scoring - still hopeful he might bang in a few in the championship!

Guest idol_wild

It'll depend massively on how you use him and who you play alongside him.

You may get more out of him if you sit back and play a counter-attack game. Deepish defence, not too much width, a fairly defensive mentality, direct passing, and a pretty quick tempo. Your players will then look to pump the ball forward at every opportunity - ideal for Earnshaw, who "likes to beat the offside trap", "places shots", and "likes to lob the keeper" as preferred moves.

:up:

that's into Lee Miller territory!

I also wasted money on that donkey at Portsmouth. A good target man is Victor Anichebe at Everton, they usually let him go pretty cheap and he's a big, tall striker, good for the heeders, capable of about 15 goals a season.

Guest idol_wild
I'm still playing Champ 01/02 (it's 2028 and I won Serie A and the european cup at my first season at Bologna), I did buy Champ 4 but I really didn't like it. What is the requirements for FM 2007? I may be tempted purchase it.

I don't know jack about specs, etc. But you need a fairly speedy processor for it to work at a reasonable pace. The amount of data in the game is unreal.