aberdeen-music

Promising youngsters that never quite reached their potential...

Lemonade

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, taribo west... always on a free at the start of the game! First signing always.

Cherno Samba used to be good.

Lunden was fantastic too. There were a whole batch of great young swedish players.

And a couple of Maltese boys that were good. Chucks Nwoko, Mifsud and another one I forget the name of just now.

And a couple of Maltese boys that were good. Chucks Nwoko, Mifsud and another one I forget the name of just now.

Stefan Giglio

So of the wonderkids from Champ Man have actually turned out decent players and lived up to their amazing stats - Kim Kallstrom, Esteban Cambiasso, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Samuel Eto'o, Andreas Isaksson, Sharbel Touma etc

Although i do remember Jamie Langfield being good in one of the games...

so did i

but he was an absolute legend in 99/00

so were paul dillon, willie howie, kim kallstrom, stefan ishizaki, leandro romagnoli, neil alexander, jesus arrelano

In one of the old champ games I bought Steven Hammell from Motherwell for some premiership team and flogged him to AC Milan for about 15 million quid.

Sonny Pike!

Fuck yeah whatever happened to that guy? I've got an old Fantasy Football League video that he's in when he's just signed for Ajax and he said he got offers from Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal et al, but chose Ajax, he was like 11 at the time, so he should be in his prime about now at...... where is he then?

Actually I just found out:

Whatever happened to Sonny Pike? | Special Reports | Guardian Unlimited Football

Sonny - the nephew of ex-Tottenham striker Mark Falco - became semi-famous after was invited to join Ajax's Academy of Excellence at the age of seven. Sadly, as this website explains, his dreams of a professional career ended a couple of years ago. "Sonny is currently living near Dundee, and is studying psychology at Dundee University. He found the pressures of top-class football too much, and in 2003 decided to pursue a more regular career - having been privy to sports psychologists, he decided to follow that path. Nonetheless, he still has a fervent passion for the game, playing Sunday league football for Dryburgh Saints, as well as weekly five-a-side fixtures against other students."

Fuck yeah whatever happened to that guy? I've got an old Fantasy Football League video that he's in when he's just signed for Ajax and he said he got offers from Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal et al, but chose Ajax, he was like 11 at the time, so he should be in his prime about now at...... where is he then?

Actually I just found out:

Whatever happened to Sonny Pike? | Special Reports | Guardian Unlimited Football

Sonny - the nephew of ex-Tottenham striker Mark Falco - became semi-famous after was invited to join Ajax's Academy of Excellence at the age of seven. Sadly, as this website explains, his dreams of a professional career ended a couple of years ago. "Sonny is currently living near Dundee, and is studying psychology at Dundee University. He found the pressures of top-class football too much, and in 2003 decided to pursue a more regular career - having been privy to sports psychologists, he decided to follow that path. Nonetheless, he still has a fervent passion for the game, playing Sunday league football for Dryburgh Saints, as well as weekly five-a-side fixtures against other students."

Good find, pretty interesting. Having a nervous breakdown at that age is just plain scary. He did have awesome hair though, that fro could be iconic by now!

man utd have had a fair few who never made their mark after a promising start - remember ben thornley? played for the dons for a while, last i heard he was plying his trade at halifax. a quick wikipedia check and he's now at Salford City in the North West Counties Football League Division One. and to think he was in the same youth team as the likes of beckham, scholes, the nevilles, giggs etc

man utd have had a fair few who never made their mark after a promising start - remember ben thornley? played for the dons for a while, last i heard he was plying his trade at halifax. a quick wikipedia check and he's now at Salford City in the North West Counties Football League Division One. and to think he was in the same youth team as the likes of beckham, scholes, the nevilles, giggs etc

i remember reading in 4-4-2 about a year ago, about some england youth team that won a trophy, and it went through a "where are they now" kind of thing. Notable faces included the Nevilles, Beckham, Scholes etc. who all went on to wonderful things, and with his grinning eejit face in the back row, a certain Mr Noel Whelan, who didn't quite hit the same heights as his teammates....

i remember reading in 4-4-2 about a year ago, about some england youth team that won a trophy, and it went through a "where are they now" kind of thing. Notable faces included the Nevilles, Beckham, Scholes etc. who all went on to wonderful things, and with his grinning eejit face in the back row, a certain Mr Noel Whelan, who didn't quite hit the same heights as his teammates....

blimey noel whelen forgotten about him!!!! currently unemployed after dunfermline terminated his contract he's rumoured to be about to sign for those well known scottish footballing giants Gretna!

Guest DustyDeviada

Whelan could have been a top player if he wasn't such a pisshead. Even during his time with the Dons he would come up with an amazing bit of skill every now and then. What a waste.