aberdeen-music

Who do you support?

Sam 45

Not through choice. I'm not rich, i don't have a well paid job. I have debts from travelling the world and going to see Dundee United is well at the bottom of my priorities ;)

Pah! Part time supporter, etc.......

Nonsense wee man - everybody loves Killie

We don't: we've even got a song just for your shower!

My hatred of Killie stems from the fact that you're in a stupid level of debt (about 10 million) with rubbish crowds and yet have never been threatened with being put out of business becuase of unsustainable debts, unlike us.

I reckon your chairman has a few pictures of the bank manager with his trousers down.... ;)

Full time wanker ;)

I know, no need to keep putting yourself down. ;)

Should also mention I'm hoping for a holiday in Germany in May: expect a picture of me in front of the Allianz Arena holding up a piece of paper with 'Wish You Were Here' in black biro if that happens. It will be a 'pwning' of the highest order......

• Upvote 1

I know, no need to keep putting yourself down. ;)

Should also mention I'm hoping for a holiday in Germany in May: expect a picture of me in front of the Allianz Arena holding up a piece of paper with 'Wish You Were Here' in black biro if that happens. It will be a 'pwning' of the highest order......

Haha, ace. I was hoping to go to Germany this year but i'm heading to Belgium for a wedding instead.

i still don't understand this "pwning" malarky, i obviously don't spen enough time on the internet.

Here's me showing my ICT allegience in a AIK Stockholm v. Helsingborgs grudge match (Larsson was rubbish by the way)

5483991a3085615050b856910527l.jpg

And this was the rest of the ground at that time...

http://file026a.bebo.com/14/large/2006/12/29/14/775186509a3002188767b248537522l.jpg

Guest Jake Wifebeater
people can support who they liek but whats this following another national team nonsense???

No idea, the old excuse about "higher quality of football" cuts no ice at all, that's got fuck all to do with supporting a team. The "prawn sandwich" brigade. You support your team, and that's fucking that. You only get one.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
To me its like a relationship. If i was supporting other teams, i'm cheating on my partner. And the longer and more passionate you support that one person (team), it becomes harder to imagine cheating on them

..........is the correct answer. Spot on.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I just don't agree with you and my opinion is never going to be changed either.

Neither's mine, but here's something I've always wondered:

Say 2 of your 3 teams get drawn to play each other in European competition. How would you decide which one to cheer on?

Neither's mine, but here's something I've always wondered:

Say 2 of your 3 teams get drawn to play each other in European competition. How would you decide which one to cheer on?

I'd be happy if either win, i'd enjoy the spectacle of the game if it was broadcast and watch in awe as 22 of my favourite players go head to head in a sport i love.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I'd be happy if either win, i'd enjoy the spectacle of the game if it was broadcast and watch in awe as 22 of my favourite players go head to head in a sport i love.

Uh-oh, a "nice" football fan, can't be doing with it. The game wouldn't be the same without the element of sheer temporary hatred for the opposition. There's some teams I don't mind, but for the 90 minutes they play Dunfermline, they are the filth of the earth. No exceptions, none.

Fair play to you right enough, I just can't imagine football without that added edge. Too tame.

Heart of Midlothian and (to a much lesser extent) Scotland.

Hate the Old Firm, find Hibs amusing (usually) and am not really bothered by anyone else.

Players I hate: All the usual suspects plus Gary Fucking Dempsey for that stupid fucking, knee-me-square-in-the-fucking-groin-I-deserve-it dance he does when he scores. Although he seems to have stopped it of late.

Saw them at Gayfield in a cup game in winter 1998, Thistle had three players sent off but still won 2-1. The pull of such recklessness was too big. Interest died off a bit after that, then got restoked thanks to Woss Ward (remember him?) being a fan, and taking a few of us along. Been a diehard for about three years now, off to Dingwall tomorrow for the third round of the cup.....

I certainly do remember Woss. I was in his flat last night to watch the Giants get ejected from the playoffs in the first round and we play football together every Tuesday night. i must admit, Thistle fans have been a real revelation to me since I moved to Glasgow in 2001 and met my good friend Neil. You're a strange bunch :D

/x

You're a strange bunch :D

Never a dull moment though: promoted twice in a row, relegated twice in a row, promoted on a penalty shootout, employed at least three shite managers, and that's all within the last seven years! Supporting Thistle should come with a health warning......