aberdeen-music

who'd like to play drummonds?

The Ghost Of Fudge

775186509a2891301489b110620495l.jpg

This was Strong Like Ox at 9.30am on Sunday, on their way back from playing a gig in Thurso on Sat. We hit black ice at 60mph, flipped over twice, hit a brick wall, bounced over a ditch back onto the road. Arab Strap was still playing when we crawled out of the wreckage (irony?)

By some miracle there were no fatalities. But Marshall has a minor fracture to the back which could rule him out of action for a few weeks: We'll find out from the doctors in the next day or so, to let you know if we can still play this show.

I was next worst off with a couple of pints of blood painting the inside of my car; the cut on the back of my head the paintbrush. Heaps of serious bruising and glass cuts. Blair ended up with a deep cut in his arm and nothing else.

A lot of gear was snapped in half, so this could be a show where we'll be borrowing a lot of close friends gear.

Hope everyone recovers soon sir, glad it wasn't more serious.

A letter came for you this morning at the flat as well, I was gonna phone and see how you're doing but evidently nae as well as one could have hoped!

There was good news regarding Marshall's condition today, so looks like he has a small chance of getting out of hospital before xmas.

I'm still pretty wiped out, but am hoping to make it back to work for Friday so i can pick up work to do over the school hols (sad or what?)

I cant thank everyone enough for the wellwishes, its all really appreciated :love: :love:

Hope everyone recovers soon sir, glad it wasn't more serious.

A letter came for you this morning at the flat as well, I was gonna phone and see how you're doing but evidently nae as well as one could have hoped!

I got a text from Maxi about the Criag B Aereogramme Drakes recording shortly before leaving Thurso, and was cursing i didn't have that particular cd in my cd wallet. Settled on acoustic Arab Strap...

'kin'ell!

that's one fucked-up van. nice to hear you lads are all relatively OK though: STRONG LIKE OX indeed

pass on my best to everyone

in other matters, i need to book a fifth band for this gig, and i've had a few 'can't play' messages from those i've asked. any potential takers?

get biz! i dare you.

There was good news regarding Marshall's condition today, so looks like he has a small chance of getting out of hospital before xmas.

I'm still pretty wiped out, but am hoping to make it back to work for Friday so i can pick up work to do over the school hols (sad or what?)

I cant thank everyone enough for the wellwishes, its all really appreciated :love: :love:

Ross, I knew Deadloss were bad, but this excuse is a bit much to make up.

(Very glad to hear you're okay, pint soon?)

No pints for him, he's recovering.

Curse your eyes Al. You'd think you'd have learned after that time we woke up in the pumpkin patch bleeding from our eyes wearing string vests and sandals with socks. For the love of fuck.

I just remember my inner thighs all a quiver, rolling about shouting "Aye, Al?" and "Yas Min" with pen marks all over my face. No that was Maxi.

...Now I remember, blood tears and French perfume....