2: Masamune

3: Sidca

4: Vomitus

5: Karloff

6: Hookers Green;No1

7: Contra

8: Bonesaw

9: Hot Mangu

10: Project Ven-Hell (i say this cause im in them and todays practise was the best ever of all practises of all time of the music business!, so i think we are fucking ace! maybe even the best band ever invented!!!, ok the last bit is a lie, ok the whole lot is a lie, apart from me being in it and were going to be amazing, i'll shut up now)

There is alot of others but i have brain freeze

Well as I explained to said poor singer as I accosted him in Asda the covers were alright and I know that they'll be dropped or played less when you've worked more new songs out properly but the originals were good and the bass sound was really good despite the non-soundcheck situation :up:

you were there? who be you?

I'll reveal who i am later - you first! (just like a suicide pact!)

But the worst' date=' so many to choose from...

-All covers/tribute bands

-all metal bands

-bands who have a "comic" name, stage persona, or songs called "Gingerbread Man"

-any bands who wear novelty t-shirts on stage

-any bands who contain a member who sports a beard

-Diablo

[/quote']

Hehe, especially the bit about Diablo - biggest bunch of posing frog sounding annoying arrogant lamos i ever seen! distinct memory of the singer screaming out 'yeahhhhhh' in huge crescendo motion, also the bit where he demanded the crowd clap 'louder, louder!' oh yeah and we had to applause every 5 secs for one reason or the other...that was annoying.

are a covers band and the only exception to the rule of being shit' date='go and see them in Drakes on Sat 14th Aug,you will be impressed.[/quote']

Biz, far be it from me....etc etc but....self promotion is all well and dandy but arent you a little scared of sickening people by invading every thread? and isnt it against the rules of aberdeen music...you know spamming 'n' all..?

G...

Guest indiesoc

Great bands since being back in Aberdeen for the summer are:

The Little Kicks

AKA The Fox (who were amazing at Cafe Drummond last Monday)

Stanley

Quite like the Shakes' CD "I Love Julie Newmar". Title track the best of the three on it.

Also seen a few decent acoustic acts, I was pretty impressed with Sandy Nairn on Wednesday at The Belmont, a bit too pissed though. Steven Milne has been decent when I've caught him. Euan MacFarlane of the Grim Northern Social was great too just solo.