aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Scooter clubs

JaseyBoi

Yeah 1st night blues...It has a super duper sensitive alarm lol.......It doesnt even like the wind.......So its now locked up in my outside old school coal scuttle (or is it just an old coal cuboard)

Im off today to get a big chain and lock just incase i ever have to leave it anywhere....In saying that cos of the way it looks tho i wont just be leaving it anywhere.......Its the kind of bike that someone will kick over just for the hell of it.........Its only for commuting back and fore from work tho.....Im sick of an hour to get home from altens to bod at nights....Its bloody terrible

depends where you do it and how competent you are, not everyone needs a cbt

You don't need one if you got a full car licence before..1997, possibly? And only then, it's only entitlement to ride a moped, not to ride anything over 49cc.

And nowhere should be issuing a CBT without going through the whole thing.

I was informed yesterday that stats proove that since the introduction of the cbt crash's have dropped within bikers......

Its a full day as theres so much to cover these days.....Even if your a car driver does not mean you will be a confident bike rider...........I passed with flying colours only because i took the whole day very seriously and listened so hard to what i was being taught my head and eyes felt fuzzy by the end

One thing i will say is altho there is a lot of stuff to take in 9am to 5pm is a tad much like......And the 1st half of the day riding up to cones pretending there junctions and what not is pretty pointless.....As him saying lets pretend this is a roundabout is fuck all like being on a real roundabout......They should see that your not a complete balloon and have you out on the road for as long as possible.....I learnt nothing driving round cones pretending they were this and that.....I done most of my learning in the class then out on the road.......

Call me a spazz but when it came to emergency breaking my brain would NOT allow me to pull my front break as hard as i could to start with........I kept using my back brake but they dont allow it.......Took me nion half an hour before having a serious word with myself ......USE YER FUCKING FRONT BRAKE JASE YOU TOOOOOOOOOL............

Aberdeen Scooter Club are quite quiet now. I've only seen one person from Aberdeen S.C. at recent rallies and dos (Peterhead SC @ Cruden Bay) which was rather disappointing. We all used to drink in Simpsons before it shut and turned into Triple Kirks then the club sort of fizzled out to my knowledge. I'm sort of banned from where they drink now so I can't catch up with them.

Some of them, as far as I am aware, still meet up on a Saturday afternoon in the Holburn area. I was out with a guy from Aberdeen S.C. on Saturday but I forgot to get his number. Next time I see him, I'll ask where and when they hook-up.

I'm not sure how many of the old lot even have scooters now. Most are married with a kid (when they should be having fun?!?)

Outlaws are still going, there are a few round my neighbourhood.

I was informed yesterday that stats proove that since the introduction of the cbt crash's have dropped within bikers......

They have indeed. However the first 6 months or so of riding are still the time when a new rider is most likely to have an accident, so watch-out. One bit of advice to remember is simply to assume that every other vehicle on the road is driven by a blind idiot, hell-bent on doing you harm & treat them accordingly. ;)

If there are any groups still running training schemes, it would be a good idea to sign-up on one, simply for the experience/advice value. Although being in a club can still give you much of that benifit.

Any idea who the Scooter club that I saw regularly down at the beach this summer were? They had a nice selection of machines. Sunday afternoons seemed the best time to see them there. :)

• 6 months later...
vespa4tj4.jpg

vespa3po0.jpg

Love it or hate it i dont care but i bloooooody love it .. . . . .. .Picked it up tonight and i love it.....Oh did i tell you i loved it

She was stolen last night and im gutted......I phoned the police and was informed by a callcentre lady that a police officer will be allicated to it sometime in the next few days :S .....Is this correct?.......Surely by 2 days time my bike coulb be abroad lol.......

She was stolen last night and im gutted......I phoned the police and was informed by a callcentre lady that a police officer will be allicated to it sometime in the next few days :S .....Is this correct?.......Surely by 2 days time my bike coulb be abroad lol.......

Thats harsh. It's time the police pulled their collective finger out their arse and started to do what they are meant to.

Kick up a right fuss, it's the best way to get them round. Just keep calling until you get somewhere, they'll send someone round just to shut you up really.

I know from personal experience though that if you live in one of the "better" postcodes, you wouldn't have to wait a few days for a copper to turn up.

It's worth getting a mate to look round some parts of town too - a friend of mine got his bike stolen, and it was found the same day dumped in Logie.

Kick up a right fuss, it's the best way to get them round. Just keep calling until you get somewhere, they'll send someone round just to shut you up really.

Meanwhile some old lady who's in real need gets left because the cops are too busy trying to get some whining twonk to shut up. Brilliant.:rolleyes:

I know from personal experience though that if you live in one of the "better" postcodes, you wouldn't have to wait a few days for a copper to turn up.

pish.

It's worth getting a mate to look round some parts of town too - a friend of mine got his bike stolen, and it was found the same day dumped in Logie.

This however is right. It will quite probably have been dumped somewhere, so it could be worth getting out there and looking for it yourself.

I second that as being grade "A" pish.

And if it's a "oh, but this happened to me story" forget it.

What's the dividing line for a "better" postcode? Maybe we could draw up a map and you, from your personal experience, could give a rough estimation of "turning up times" for the coppers in any given zone of the Aberdeen area.

I'm sorry, but that sort of "Evening Express" mentality really gets on my tits.