aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Hogmanay bands

Chris

The last one was the first time I'd been out in Aberdeen in Hogmanay. I quite enjoyed the whole affair at the Castlegate, didn't go into any pubs though. Hogmanay makes me feel sad. I don't see the big deal.

Wet Wet Wet would certainly make it 402 times worse. I always considered them (rightly or wrongly) as a band that only girls who don't like music would like, kinda like Texas.

The Proclaimers were a good pick because everybody when they're pished (unless they're supercool) will jump about like loonies and sing their tunes.

CRR are an even stranger choice than the Coral.

I've rented a house in Aviemore with some friends which should be good times.

Aberdeen shitty council strikes again if you ask me.

The last time I ventured out for Hogmanay was the Millenium celebrations. Last year was a bit of a let down as the girlfriend was on overseas secondment for both Christmas and New Year so it was at spent at home and with my folks. I would have liked to have seen The Proclaimers too. one of these days I reckon.

New Year isn't my favourite time either and neither will Christmas be this year. I just received my month's notice. I've been given the dunt so happy fuckin holidays. I was hoping to book something last minute to get away for a while. Fat chance of that happening now!

Yet again New Year will be spent in doors with nothing much going on.

DIRTY PRETTY THINGS - TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY 24th November 10 a.m

Tickets for Dirty Pretty Things Hogmanay bash with support from The Paddingtons and Jyrojets at the Ironworks go on sale on the 24th November at 10am.

Tickets will be priced 35 + 1.50 booking fee and are available in person at the box office, over the phone on 08717894173 or online at www.ironworksvenue.com

Guest DustyDeviada

Funny to see that somebody wrote in to the Evening Express complaining about how crap Wet Wet Wet are and then somebody else wrote in from Birmingham to defend them.

Assuming that the Evening Express' circulation doesn't extend to the West Midlands, you have to guess that there is some crappy Wet Wet Wet forum somewhere where they are all outraged at somebody having a go at them.

fuck the lot of you, wet wet wet are quality! the cosmics are a nonsense but pellow and the boys have the skillz to pay the billz.

/x

lol wet wet wet are balls, they have no musical talent compared to the likes of Alexi Laiho( Children of Bodom) , Mozart, Becker, Marty Friedman, And Any other heavy metal or classical musicians, lets face it, heavy metal is the most skilful form of rock, anyone can just play 4 chords for a whole song.

lol wet wet wet are balls, they have no musical talent compared to the likes of Alexi Laiho( Children of Bodom) , Mozart, Becker, Marty Friedman, And Any other heavy metal or classical musicians, lets face it, heavy metal is the most skilful form of rock, anyone can just play 4 chords for a whole song.

I understand you're 16 and you've still got a lot to learn, I was like you once (I even started a little argument along the same lines as this on the letters pages of Total Guitar at one stage) then I grew up and learned that music isn't a fucking competition.

Wet Wet Wet are still gash though.

yeah i jus kinda get pissed off how everyone is into either emo and indie, and personaly, its not that great, its simplistic, boring, and it all sounds the same. see my point?

to me, your rubbish metal all sounds the same.

it's all a matter of opinion so quit being up yourself.

hold on there, captain cuntflaps. i listen to all manner of different music. i'm not gonna be a penis and list every genre that i like and every band that i listen to but suffice to say my tastes are wide and tend to widen with every opportunity i get. in between all of that, it just so happens that i rather like wet wet wet. what i do not like is little wanks like you on the internet. it may not have been broughtto your attention yet, but you come across as cock.

and besides, your taste in music might well change when your balls drop.

/x

I can't believe you're comparing Wet Wet Wet to Mozart and Children of Bodom.

But sadly, I too was like that once, and you can rest easy knowing you'll grow out of it in a couple of years.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Do you realise how ignorant you are? Did you know that very few people regard technical ability as an important factor of a musical artist or band's importance? Have you ever heard of Johnny Cash, or Stevie Wonder or Brian Wilson? Do you even like music, or is guitar playing like practicing keepy-ups or getting good at a computer game to you? I despise morons with your sad attitude. You should learn to appreciate music based on the soul, emotion and passion with which it is written and played, you might find yourself enjoying artists who don't play 'the most skillful form of rock'.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
please, spare me your anxsiety. ive listened to metal since i was 6 and im not ever going to change, not for you, not for anyone.

Let me guess, you're hitting double figures now and still going strong with the 'skillful rock' phase? Please come back when you start discovering hair in funny places and you notice that your voice begins to break. Don't worry, it's perfectly natural, in fact I found this guide to help you through the whole thing - for some reason it doesn't mention Children Of Bodom tabs though?

http://www.kidshealth.org/kid/grow/body_stuff/puberty.html