aberdeen-music

Toys to warp a small child's mind

CreepyJackintheBox_Small.jpg

My parents have just given my nephew this jack in the box, and apparently it was a toy belonging to myself and my sister when we were very young. I think due to the creepiness of it, I've managed to block out any traumatising memories of it.

Does anyone else think that it should be incinerated? I'm worried it gets out of the box and night and walks around my sister's house...

I had that and im pretty sure its in my loft.....but it is creepy so im not going to look for it. After all these years who knows what its mutated into.

What if it mated with some other creepy toy from my loft.

Oh great now i cant sleep coz i know it watching me...waiting for me to let my guard down.

I had one of those and i concur it was creepy as fuck. I used to put it out of my room when i was a kid in the hope my folks would take the hint, but they gave it to my little brother when he was little and it came back to haunt me :(

My folks also have this creepy 'goose' that gets brought out each year as part of the christmas decorations. It has burning red eyes and i swear they follow you round the room. It makes the hair on the back of my neck stand on end, just thinking about it *shudder* :down:

• 1 month later...

Someone bought the jack-in-the-box for my oldest son, I can't remember who, but although I seem to remember Adam (and his brothers) thought it fun, I always had a Ray Bradbury frisson about it. In fact, I remember having to have the lid closed if it was in the room, and even then I could imagine that face inside the box.....

Shudder.

I had one of those. Even creepier was the sound it made when it popped up. Some sort of 'EEEEEEEHHHH!' noise. Awful! I hated it, but somehow I always felt compelled to make it pop up.

After a recent visit to my sister's house, that "EEEEEEHHH" noise is now haunted my nightmares. It sounds like it's screaming at you when you put him back in the box. :(