aberdeen-music

Minimum Wage?

Guest NULL

Just looking at the new rises

aged between 18 and 21 has increased by 20 pence to 4.45, while 16 to 17-year-olds will now receive 3.30, a rise of thirty pence.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5396110.stm

and with the introduction of a more powerful discrimination at work law surely people aged 16 to 21 can take their employer to court if they refuse to pay them the 5.35 per hour minimum wage.

and with the introduction of a more powerful discrimination at work law surely people aged 16 to 21 can take their employer to court if they refuse to pay them the 5.35 per hour minimum wage.

There was talk of it happening, but I don't think anyone's actually taken their employer to court yet over it...could be wrong, though.

Guest Neubeatz
Thank fuck I'm well above that mark. How the hell do people survive on that?

I don't think there's anyone on less than about 7/ph at my work (accept perhaps canteen staff and cleaners). It is an office though.

Oh well, if they spit and put bogies in the food, or spread hiv culture in the toilet soap we'll know why lol..;)

Hehe.

The toilet duties are contracted out and the food is done by a company called The Olive Garden. They seem to both be relatively good (thought the food is mildly pricey).

Your canteen is run by the Olive Garden? No wonder it's pricey, that's the company that owns The Olive Tree and The Black Olive restaurants.